BA bike experience

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Prasad

Has anybody brought their bike with British Airways? How they are in terms of transporting bike.

I read information on their website, it says, if you follow instructions on their websites for packing bike that won't be a problem.

I'm assuming that, if I'm not checking in other bag, it will be free of cost.

No problems with the service etc. but it's not free anymore, unless you've got a bike with a breakaway or similar that you can get in a standard suitcase.

Looks like it should be ok if it's your only baggage and it's within the larger items max size (which is quite generous) and under 23kg. Untill last October it was free for a bike in addition to your standard allowance, which if you're carrying camping gear etc. you need.

OP
OP
P

Prasad

Update on my experience. I took my bike in Bike bag, without any extra cost, that was my only check in luggage. No problem with service, but bike bag has some scratch. Surprizingly at heathrow it come out on conveyer belt, I was expecting it to collect it from some special baggage section. Yet to ride bike since, but no damage to it by look of it.

The only time I have used BA they were brilliant - except they rang me twice on the morning of the flight to confirm my bike was confirmed as luggage - They left a message - between the caller speaking with a thick accent and me being a little deaf I thought there was something wrong with my reservation - took me ages to find a human on the callline to confirm that everything was all right

Top Bottom