Baby black swans AKA cygnets

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
A Melbourne friend just shared her endomondo ride with me, which included these beauties.

Love me some chocolate swans!

big-2.jpg

winjim

Smash the cistern
Well that was unexpected.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I remember seeing one black swan in Newbury of all places - hanging out amicably enough with the gang of white swans. Seemed to be an allegory there somewhere. Perfectly true story by the way,

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I remember seeing one black swan in Newbury of all places - hanging out amicably enough with the gang of white swans. Seemed to be an allegory there somewhere. Perfectly true story by the way,

I did wonder how he'd ended up in Newbury and where he'd escaped from, or simply buggered off from. Presumably he'd not made his own way from Australia

I did wonder how he'd ended up in Newbury and where he'd escaped from, or simply buggered off from. Presumably he'd not made his own way from Australia
There are more introduced species than native ones in the UK. So much so that the definition of a native plant is one that was here before the normans.

I've seen a few black swans in the UK. The ones I remember were at Barnes Wetland centre, and Leeds (not that Leeds) Castle (yeah, not a castle, either, by any reasonable standard).

raleighnut

Legendary Member
There used to be a pair of Black Swans at Groby Pool (a reservoir) nr Bradgate Park in Leicestershire.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Careful. When we leave the EU, the eating of swans may well become a capital offence.

Once everyone's starving, it'll be cats and dogs, never mind swans
Anyone seen the film High Rise recently, or read the book for that matter?

Top Bottom