Baby Led Weaning

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
One issue with weaning and the intake of solids is at the output end.

IT STINKS !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So feed the little chappies and leave before the inevitable.......................;)
Just imagine if poo never stank...you'd end up with a lot more babies with extreme nappy rash.
Thank goodness for [some] natural odours!

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
Just imagine if poo never stank...you'd end up with a lot more babies with extreme nappy rash.
Thank goodness for [some] natural odours!

Never thought of it like that before
biggrin.gif

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
The best advice we have had is to ignore most of the 'experts' and just do what seems to work. Francis (now 7 months) eats a whole variety of things in mush form, all homemade and a lot from our garden. We tried occasionally from the age of 5 months, and he seemed to decide when he was ready. Similarly we have been giving him more solid things to chew on etc. and he is starting to eat lump things now (he only has two teeth though!). And what's all this with 'weaning' (getting kids off breast milk) anyway? Francis still breastfeeds as well and will do so until he doesn't seem to want to anymore or until my wife has had enough of it. There seems to be no reason to stop now - not only is essential to his happiness, it seems to be vital in that special bond befween mother and child right now. He is also almost completely contented and happy most of the time and we've never even thought of using pacifiers, nor does he suck his thumb etc. Maybe we're just lucky...well, we know we are, he's absolutely the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to us.

dsc05018-e1278476952139.jpg

wafflycat

The best advice we have had is to ignore most of the 'experts' and just do what seems to work. Francis (now 7 months) eats a whole variety of things in mush form, all homemade and a lot from our garden. We tried occasionally from the age of 5 months, and he seemed to decide when he was ready. Similarly we have been giving him more solid things to chew on etc. and he is starting to eat lump things now (he only has two teeth though!). And what's all this with 'weaning' (getting kids off breast milk) anyway? Francis still breastfeeds as well and will do so until he doesn't seem to want to anymore or until my wife has had enough of it. There seems to be no reason to stop now - not only is essential to his happiness, it seems to be vital in that special bond befween mother and child right now. He is also almost completely contented and happy most of the time and we've never even thought of using pacifiers, nor does he suck his thumb etc. Maybe we're just lucky...well, we know we are, he's absolutely the most wonderful thing that has ever happened to us.

dsc05018-e1278476952139.jpg

Francis is cute :smile:

As for weaning in the meaning of getting kids of breastmilk, WCMnr partook of boobjuice until he was 18 months. It ended naturally. I was given a load of grief from my (ever supportive.. not) mother who used to loudly remind me about how I'd be stunting the child's growth... stupid, evil woman. WCMnr was also eating solids very well - one did not stop the other from happening.

As for WCMnr, he has managed to get to adulthood and seems a reasonably sane sort of person, most of the time :smile:

OP
OP
Arch

Arch

Married to Night Train
Francis is cute :smile:

As for weaning in the meaning of getting kids of breastmilk, WCMnr partook of boobjuice until he was 18 months. It ended naturally. I was given a load of grief from my (ever supportive.. not) mother who used to loudly remind me about how I'd be stunting the child's growth... stupid, evil woman. WCMnr was also eating solids very well - one did not stop the other from happening.

As for WCMnr, he has managed to get to adulthood and seems a reasonably sane sort of person, most of the time :smile:

Really? I thought he was a keen cyclist? ;)

From what I can tell (not being in the position myself), the advice of mothers is a funny thing - some interfere, some don't, and even advice offered in good faith is generally about 20 years out of date - which is some cases means it's at odds with current thinking, and in some it's agreeing, despite opinion having changed several times in the meantime and come back to where it started!

Top Bottom