Baby News

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gromit

Über Member
7969_10151804424935398_974855790_n.jpg

Here is one of the two or possibly 3 baby Bronze Corydoras hatched on Monday. ^_^

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Can you eat them when they grow up? :thumbsup:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
I'm just trying to treat my Goldfish before sending them on to a nice pond somewhere. One is reasonably healthy, but the other had Pop Eye (yes yes) and Scepticemia, so it is one anti biotics at the moment (seriously).

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
I've never managed to get anything other than Platies to reproduce :sad:

We get a lot of eggs in the tank. Think it has a lot to do with the water quality and water changes being slightly cooler than the tank water.

The Cherry Barbs scatter eggs everywhere, but they are hoovered up by the Rummy Nose Tetra, who haven't yet produced eggs. (Something to do with them being infertile when in some water conditions).

Hoping that the baby Cory's will grow a bit more, think that they can be released into the tank after six weeks or so.

Congrats! I've managed to get baby corydoras before as well, with me the trick was to spot the mother fish as after she's got the eggs fertilised she dashes about with them between two of her fins looking for somewhere to put them. I got her in the net and she put the eggs on the net, then I turned it inside out and the babies hatched in there. Very cute fish they are! Many years ago now though :smile:

OP
OP
Gromit

Gromit

Über Member
I'm just trying to treat my Goldfish before sending them on to a nice pond somewhere. One is reasonably healthy, but the other had Pop Eye (yes yes) and Scepticemia, so it is one anti biotics at the moment (seriously).

I used to poo poo all the forums who went on about tank size and fish stocking levels. We had a 54 litre tank and upgraded to a 240 litre one last week. The fish absolutely love it. We now have 17 small happy fish.

Top Bottom