Baby Wipes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
I've always wondered if they are indeed made from real babies:angel:

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
I use them for cleaning the bike - 50p for 100 and they do a great job.

They're environmentally disposed of, it saves relying on old cloths and able to get into small crevices easily if torn into strips.

We get through way more than we should,but with a five year old, a twenty monther and two cats prone to hair balls it's what happens. Costco own brand unscented are great and pretty cheap (but you do have to buy a big box). They do a great job on the bikes too, yes.

Was enlightened to the many uses of wipes when nipper was a babe. Felt tip pens, no problem on most surfaces, architraves, door frames, window seals and wheel rims clean in seconds, a quick frame clean straight out of a packet with no bucket filling...I may well have succumbed to the disposable culture. Bite me 'cos I like the easy life!

Can't use them on chains though as they disintegrate too easily.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
@SatNav you're a mind reader! You know, I was gonna PM you about baby wipes and rags after reading you chain boiling feat.
I stated getting baby wipes for the bike after reading about them on here, but don't like them.
I feel they are spreading more dirt than they are removing it, I like to use microfibre, dishwashing cloths or old towels.
Now, the question is: once you have a collection of oily rags, can you safely put them in the washing machine?
Or will my next wash come out greasy? :huh:

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
Can someone explain what happened whilst I was away please?
comprehension is missing in action...

Whilst you were away, the UK was invaded by space aliens and the infiltrated every human being and the creatures that worked in Tescos. They came from the planet Shakenvac where there are no such things as dogs, chrome is frowned upon and nasal hair is illegal. They are a little known species of creatures that have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, anyway they left the UK, because they didn't like the Flock wallpaper that was in a renaissance at the time, however their legacy, if you can call it that, is that they left behind the invention that is Baby Wipes. Oh yes...and the phrase "can I get"

OP
OP
SatNavSaysStraightOn

SatNavSaysStraightOn

Changed hemispheres!
@SatNav you're a mind reader! You know, I was gonna PM you about baby wipes and rags after reading you chain boiling feat.
I stated getting baby wipes for the bike after reading about them on here, but don't like them.
I feel they are spreading more dirt than they are removing it, I like to use microfibre, dishwashing cloths or old towels.
Now, the question is: once you have a collection of oily rags, can you safely put them in the washing machine?
Or will my next wash come out greasy? :huh:

Would not put them through my washing machine...
I usually 'hand wash' them in washing powder overnight in the sink... (no hands really involved!) and then rinse. It keeps them good for several repeat runs and a single piece of towel lasts me around 2 -3 weeks between the 4 bikes in use at the moment. On tour, they lasted until I found some spares, so usually 3-4 months.

Sara_H

Guru
Funnily enough, I didn't have baby wipes when I had a baby, but I keep a few in a plastic bag in my pannier for wiping oil marks off my leg.
Soon getting a chain guard thingy, so hopefull will dispense with wipes.

Wouldn't use them on bike though. Cloths and car shampoo.

Top Bottom