Bacchetta Strada for sale.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
I'm selling my Bacchetta Strada which I acquired in March 2012 (2010 model). This was my first recumbent and was soon followed by an Ice trike, and an Optima Baron. Three recumbents is proving to be one too many and I need the space so after much deliberation, the Strada is the one to go.

When I bought it, the previous owner (here's his original ad on BHP forum http://www.british-human-power.com/forum/forum_posts.asp?TID=4486&title=for-sale-bacchetta-strada ) stated that he had covered less than 100 miles on it, and this was obviously accurate as it was in near mint condition, the only blemish was the scratch on the right fork leg/decals. I have put just under 800 miles on it, so this is a sub 1,000 mile bike. There are now a few additional scrapes and scratches, but nothing significant. The right crank arm has a fair bit of scratching from finding the spds. It has pretty naff flat pedals at the moment, but I used dual sided spd/flats which I found ideal for this bike (they are now on my Baron) The standard spec can be seen here http://bacchettabikes.com/bikes/performance/strada and 'cyclecentric' http://www.cyclecentric.com/store/bikes/recumbent/bacchetta/strada sell the Strada new for £1749 (lower spec, no rack/bag.)

I've made a couple of upgrades. I swapped the SRam X7 rear derailleur to Sram X9, and also both shifters are upgraded to X9 which gives a much nicer gear shift. I also swapped the large chain ring for an FSA 53. This enables the bike to cruise at 30mph on the flat and significantly faster downhill.

Also included is a Bacchetta rear rack. I fitted a quick release spindle to make rack adjustment easier. In the pictures, the seat is on a middle-ish setting, but can be adjusted a lot higher for better vision (for a higher view in heavy traffic) or a lot lower for better aero dynamics (I've seen almost 50 mph downhill!) The Quick release means it is easier to adjust the rear rack and keep it level when you move the seat up/down. Adjusting for leg length couldn't be simpler as the seat just slides forward/back so there's no need to adjust chain length as you need to do on most recumbents. It has 3 bottle cages fitted. One either side of the seat, and one under the front of the boom (I kept a tool kit/tube in a bottle here.)

The rear seat mounted bag is an official 'Bacchetta Brain Box Bag' seen here http://shop.bacchettabikes.com/accessories/bags/brain-box.html The bag is great for daily use, and can be used in conjunction with a rack bag/panniers. I'm a bit of a high viz fan, so the bag has 'battenburg' high viz reflective stickers glued on to it. These could be removed, but I'm unsure as to what the glue residue would look like. (I've left the red diamond grade high viz stickers on the frame for the same reason, they're barely noticeable during the day, but light up at night when headlights shine on them.) I used a rear rack bag in conjunction with the 'Brain Box' which proved ideal for getting all my work gear on the bike, without ruining the aero dynamics of the bike.

Everything works as it should (if not better) on this bike, and I will miss it, but I can't justify having 3 recumbents.Viewing/test ride is recommended (I live in Doncaster.) I personally found the Strada an easy first recumbent to ride. It was much easier than my low Optima Baron, and the high riding position makes it probably the best style of recumbent when you're amongst the traffic.

I originally planned to keep the Strada for weekend blasts, but I could do with the space in the garage. I'm looking for around £1,100, open to offers, so if anyone's interested, please let me know before I put her on ebay. Cheers, Carl.

b.jpg

a.jpg

16.jpg

114.jpg

g.jpg

c.jpg

e.jpg

d.jpg

f.jpg

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hello? Hello? Is there anybody there?

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Good idea, just tried but even though I'm reg'd, I've never posted, and you need 15 posts before you can u/l url pics (I use photobucket.) Maybe at the weekend when I have a bit more time as invariably you have to faff around with the pics sizes before they're acceptable. Cheers Ian.

Top Bottom