Back in black...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
I'm back commuting again after a month of being away for work and play entirely without a bike. And this has been probably my worst year for cycling for ages. On the one hand the responsiveness and sheer joy of my road bike was extraordinary - like falling in love with cycling all over again. ;) But, boy am I lacking in condition. It feels like it is going to take ages to get back to the kind of form I had... :biggrin:

yenrod

Well, all the best Fly !

domtyler

Über Member
Yes, it can be hard to reconcile a jet set lifestyle, and a long haul one at that, with the gentler pastime of cycling.

Maz

Guru
I'm back commuting after a month off, as well. Ramadhan is over and I will be commuting to work on the new roadie! Bring it on!

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Eid Mubarak Maz!

Have you gained a roadie physique, or has all that muscle tone withered away?

Maz

Guru
Bollo said:
Eid Mubarak Maz!

Have you gained a roadie physique, or has all that muscle tone withered away?
Eid mubarak to you, too, Bollo!
Paradoxically, I'm afraid all this fasting has actually made me gain weight - somewhere under the layers of flab is a roadie physique just bursting to get out.:biggrin:

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Maz said:
Paradoxically, I'm afraid all this fasting has actually made me gain weight - somewhere under the layers of flab is a roadie physique just bursting to get out.:biggrin:
Aye, the fasting can work both ways. I'm guessing tomorrow isn't going to do much for the waistline either.

As for the roadie physique, I find a Cadel Evans style scowl distracts from any lycra-based muffin-tops.

yenrod

Maz said:
Paradoxically, I'm afraid all this fasting has actually made me gain weight - somewhere under the layers of flab is a roadie physique just bursting to get out.:wacko:

Thats the type of diet i'm on constantly - i gain wieght :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

yello

A little unrelated but I did 70km on the fixed on Sunday, first time I've been on it for nearly 2 months. I too fell in love again... but, blimey, the fronts of my thighs ached come Monday morning!

OP
OP
Flying_Monkey

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
yello said:
A little unrelated but I did 70km on the fixed on Sunday, first time I've been on it for nearly 2 months. I too fell in love again... but, blimey, the fronts of my thighs ached come Monday morning!

I'll see what that feels like on Saturday!

Maz - I think there is an easy explanation for why daily fasting makes you gain weight - basically, when you fast during the day, and then eat a lot at once, your body can go into starvation mode and starts laying down your fat stores... or something like that.

Anyway, we've got the same task ahead of us now... I want my wiry grimpeur physique back!

Top Bottom