Back in the Saddle (Almost....)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hanlon

With pension age almost upon me I'm planning to regain some old memories by getting one or two of my former racing bikes back on the road. I came out of cycling retirement ten years ago but packed in after an idiot car driver put me in hospital with a fractured collarbone requiring THREE operations. Thankfully I kept the bikes (in component form) but putting them back together will be almost as much of a challenge as rebuilding my shoulder......

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Hello and welcome to the forum.
Glad to hear you're almost back on form and ready for the bike. I'm retired and don't know what I'd do without cycling, it keeps you fit and motivated.

OP
OP
H

Hanlon

Thanks for all the encouragement fellas - added impetus to drag one of my old frames out of the shed and get it built up once the festive season is out of the way ^_^ Will post again with the result !

Another retiree here, always plenty to do. Nothing gives me greater pleasure (apart from being with my wife) than getting out on the bike. The nice thing being retired is that you decide when to go out. I never go out at commute times or if I am out at school run times I avoid the school areas if possible. I would say that putting the bike back together is quite therapeutic as well. Welcome to the forum.

OP
OP
H

Hanlon

Yes looking forward to the bike rebuilding and choosing when to ride is certainly a bonus !

Top Bottom