Back in...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
the land of online again. Phew!! It's only dialup for the moment, probably ages knowing how slow these blasted broadband providers can be.

Haven't tried the new full length commute yet, though I did one on Tuesday where I wimped out and rode to Bromley and took the train into London and back from there. Still ended up 20 miles though. I've got manflu though, so I doubt I'll be doing the commute for a little while yet.

Maz

Guru
Welcome back, BM. Have you moved house/job? How far's the commute now?

OP
OP
B

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Yup, it's different here! I can really feel the country bumpkin laid back attitude compared with London. Not in a bad way, it's just a very different attitude zones 1/2. Driving is a lot worse though, and it's a bit unusual for me to be dealing with a 40mph busy country road on the bike.

The full commute should be somewhere between 19-21 miles, and has some evil climbs on the way back.

I thought it had been a bit quieter here! Welcome back. I seemed to miss the fact that you were moving so I wondered where you got to.

Is this you slowing edging north now that I've shown how wonderful the cycling is up here....:biggrin::ohmy:

wafflycat

Aye, cycling in the countryside can be *interesting* from an interacting with the traffic POV. Very different to cycling in the city. Mostly wonderful but yes, you do get *fast* traffic close by more often than in a city, even if there is less traffic overall. Road positioning is even more crucial than in the city IMO. Mind you - you'll be on a 'bent? I find that when I'm on my 'bent that traffic gives me far more room than when I'm on the upright.

Top Bottom