Back on the Bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well took my first steps to cycling recovery today. First time on the bike since being taken unexpectedly ill at the beginning of December. A few people thought it was a little soon, and I must admit that I did feel a little apprehensive myself. But weather conditions were near perfect this morning and I was feeling very well in myself.

So off I went, just a short (10 mile) jaunt along the coast. Even had a coffee and cake stop! It felt amazing being back on the road, and I even managed 2 scalps! Ok so they didn't know I was coming, but I'm claiming them lol.
No adverse effects so far, so I may get out again in a few days time. Onwards and upwards!

mattobrien

Guru
Good work.

carolonabike

That's excellent news, and pretty quick too. Being fit undoubtedly speeds recovery. The weather is improving (fingers crossed) and the days are getting longer. Just take it easy and don't get carried away.
Slightly OT, we were at Capheaton on Sunday and I've never seen so many cyclists out. A couple of large groups (20+) and many, many small bunches, there must have been 100 plus in total. We got to the cafe at 12:00 and there was no soup or fruit pie and hardly any cake left!
Hopefully you'll be back up there soon.

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Well took my first steps to cycling recovery today. First time on the bike since being taken unexpectedly ill at the beginning of December.

I've having to take a couple of days off for a sinus infection and hate it. Dread to think how it must have been for a month or so...

OP
OP
addictfreak
That's excellent news, and pretty quick too. Being fit undoubtedly speeds recovery. The weather is improving (fingers crossed) and the days are getting longer. Just take it easy and don't get carried away.
Slightly OT, we were at Capheaton on Sunday and I've never seen so many cyclists out. A couple of large groups (20+) and many, many small bunches, there must have been 100 plus in total. We got to the cafe at 12:00 and there was no soup or fruit pie and hardly any cake left!
Hopefully you'll be back up there soon.

I'm out and about much quicker than I had expected. I had initially targeted between mid/end Janurary for my first ride, so I'm very pleased with the progress. I was out again today along the coast, 19 miles this time. If I'm honest that was a little too much and was absolutely shattered at the end. But I'm just happy to be out.
I believe the Sunderland Clarion lads were out and about in the Capheaton area on Sunday as well. I love the cafe, it's like stepping back in time!

carolonabike

I was out again today along the coast, 19 miles this time.

It's a lovely day, take it easy.

Biker Joe

Über Member
Excellent news. I'm really pleased for you.
Please don't over do it. Easy steps, easy steps.
I've just got back on the bike after over a year off due to illness and I'm finding it quite hard so I can sympathise with you.
I wish you all the best
Take care.

Top Bottom