Back on the Bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bazzadigz C+

Finally after about 3months im back on the bike this evening to cycle home (the bike was stored at work).

I'm not sure why i've been off for soo long (I guess lack of motivation!), all I know is the excitment is building again and I cant wait to start! ;)

Has anyone else found that a break from cycling is a good thing?

ChrisKH

Guru
In the same way a break from sex is a good thing. ;)

Good time to start back on the bike with the weather turning out nice.

Apart from a few outings in Devon in February, I had my first ride today/commute since last autumn today.
Firstly I had to finally acknowledge the presence of my one-pack (there were five more there in September).
It took me 30 mins to do something that should have taken 20, and a different route home through snow, ice, and unprepared paths through a forest led to me being very wet and dirty. But I loved it; can't wait for the good dry warm weather that'll be here in 3-4 weeks!
Then there'll be no stopping me (fingers crossed) until the end of September when I move on.

ChrisKH

Guru
yenrod said:
Care to eloborate ;)

No, but I will elaborate. It just struck me that I'd have to be forced to stay off a bike for that long since it was such a pleasure usually. Much like..........well you know.

Keith Oates

Janner
For various reasons I had a very (cycling wise) quiet time in January and February this year. Now it's getting back to normal and I'm enjoying the rides so much, but then I do anyway even if I've not had a break!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HJ

Cycling in Scotland
bazzadigz C+ said:
Finally after about 3months im back on the bike this evening to cycle home (the bike was stored at work).

I'm not sure why i've been off for soo long (I guess lack of motivation!), all I know is the excitment is building again and I cant wait to start! xx(

ChrisKH said:
In the same way a break from sex is a good thing. :evil:

I wouldn't know, I get it pretty much every day...:biggrin:

user_offline.gif

A long break from the tube is a good thing.

Top Bottom