Back Stretching Bench!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

[QUOTE 5402078, member: 9609"]I had one of those inversion tables, used to use it a fair bit, half an hour twice a day or more, its not very comfortable though, and I come to the conclusion it was a complete and utter waste of time for my back probs.

I used to be amazed at my ability to drink whilst hanging by my feet, would often have a bottle of beer, a bit difficult getting it into the mouth (and not good when you pour it into your nose) but once in the moth it is really easy to swallow - I had always guessed gravity played a part in eating, but definitely not, the body seems to pump the stuff up to the stomach with remarkable ease.[/QUOTE]

It was mentioned to me that inversion tables are not for everyone.

Drinking beer upside down. That’s a good one, so I guess the body is able to overcome gravity. When you first mentioned you drank beer while inverted, I thought about how that could be accomplished against gravity.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

[QUOTE 5402117, member: 9609"]Yes, even though they didn't work for me I wouldn't rule them out, the person I sold it too told me it done wonders for him.

every bodies back problems will be different, millions of combinations of what can go wrong multiplied by all of our physiological differences probably means no two backs have ever been the same - so likewise, what works for one may not work for another. I tried many things, most were completely useless.[/QUOTE]

You’re absolutely right. They are not for everyone. I’m sorry that the things you tried didn’t work for you. It must have been very frustrating, to say the least.

Slick

Guru
It pulls on the armpits. So the stretch is from your ankles all the way up your spine. It’s also good for your knees.

Not sure I fancy my knees being stretched but I'll take your word on the benefits of that. I think I would much prefer something that gripped you round the waist somehow and stretched the spine only.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

Not sure I fancy my knees being stretched but I'll take your word on the benefits of that. I think I would much prefer something that gripped you round the waist somehow and stretched the spine only.

I thought that too regarding the knees. Like my therapist mentioned, only a small amount of pull is necessary. Where people get injured is when they go too far. The weights that I am using on my ankles, while in the pool, is only 5 pounds. Not very much, but enough. The idea is to put a small amount of pull on the spine. Like I mentioned, people have had injuries and discomfort caused by traction. It should be done in moderation. A very small amount of disc separation is needed at a time to allow fluid back into the disc.

There is a device that goes around the waist that focuses the stretch on the spine only. I might get that as well, not sure, but the whole idea of this will be determined by my PT.

OP
OP
Rockn Robin

Rockn Robin

In an effort to avoid back surgery I spent a lot of money on IDD Therapy, which is basically a computer controlled rack. http://iddtherapy.co.uk/

At first it helped, but even 3 times a week with the chiropractor sessions after it soon became ineffective.

I’m sorry that didn’t work for you. To be honest, I hope what I’m doing won’t be money down the toilet. But I have to try something short of surgery. That’s the last resort. I’m very worried about going under the knife. My cousin had back surgery, now he has to spend the rest of his life in diapers because he developed staff infection, and it took two further surgeries to remove the infected puss. What a botched up mess.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
I’m sorry that didn’t work for you. To be honest, I hope what I’m doing won’t be money down the toilet. But I have to try something short of surgery. That’s the last resort. I’m very worried about going under the knife. My cousin had back surgery, now he has to spend the rest of his life in diapers because he developed staff infection, and it took two further surgeries to remove the infected puss. What a botched up mess.

That was the only reason I spent so much cash on it, I really did not want surgery. However, when I finally relented it was very successful.

Top Bottom