Back to back recumbent tandem in UK?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

paulrobison

Some years ago I had the pleasure of riding a Micwic back to back recumbent tandem and at the time thought how perfect it would be for doing photo-shoots of cyclists.

I am now looking to commission some video and still photography for Bikeability and wondered if anyone knows of a back-to-back tandem anywhere in the UK and if I could persuade the owner to rent or lend it for this purpose. I've seen several at shows in Europe but none since in the UK.

Any ideas?

Paul.

Alex H

Legendary Member
Ask here ?

https://tandem-club.org.uk/files/public_html/_dboard.htm

Membership not required to post :smile:

arallsopp

Post of The Year 2009 winner
I have a two seater bent, which has been used as a camera platform more than once. Front seat does pedals, steering, brakes. Back lays back and takes in the surroundings. No need to hold on or balance, as long as one (or both) is sensible

DSC_0080.JPG

TheDoctor

Europe Endless

There were a few around, but they were rare, ICE even made one, but IIRC it was a one-off

If I understand the situation - you require a steed where the photographer can sit on the back, unobstructed and photograph behind?

There are a couple of options that have come to mind if the recumbent falls through:

Something like the 8-freight

8freight-hp-1.jpg

It has a 100 kg load so with a reasonably light photographer it could do the job.

Alternatively I know that the Kona Ute, the Yuba Mondo and similar can be used as passenger platforms

bike-yuba-717081.JPG

Attachments

• 8freight-hp-1.jpg
    8freight-hp-1.jpg
    13.7 KB · Views: 54
  • bike-yuba-717081.JPG
    bike-yuba-717081.JPG
    42.7 KB · Views: 53
Top Bottom