Back to infrequent commuting tomorrow....šŸ˜€

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
.. and Iā€™m really looking forward to it!
Now that we have settled into our new home, I have a 16mile e/w commute to enjoy, and a new bike to do this on, so tomorrow will be my first.
Iā€™ll probably only manage a couple of times a week at most, what with age, work, and alternate sites, but Iā€™m happy to have this opportunity.
I know the weather might intervene, but Iā€™m not going to worry overly, as Iā€™m hoping if anything does come along, itā€™ll be short lived!
I may take some waterproofs, but may not.
Exciting isnā€™t it? šŸ˜„

Last edited:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
You really don't need waterproofs if its warm temperatures. Unless you are oop norf where it rains every day and is always cold.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
You really don't need waterproofs if its warm temperatures. Unless you are oop norf where it rains every day and is always cold.

Aye,youā€™re right, a was been lily livered! Iā€™m tempted not to bother, but we have had some torrential downpours during summer thunderstorms, down here on the South Coast, itā€™ll keep some of the water off....Or maybe it wouldnā€™t, and Iā€™d be too warm! Iā€™ll make a decision tomorrow, but likely Iā€™ll leave them at home and regret it šŸ˜‚

Slick

Guru
.. and Iā€™m really looking forward to it!
Now that we have settled into our new home, I have a 16mile e/w commute to enjoy, and a new bike to do this on, so tomorrow will be my first.
Iā€™ll probably only manage a couple of times a week at most, what with age, work, and alternate sites, but Iā€™m happy to have this opportunity.
I know the weather might intervene, but Iā€™m not going to worry overly, as Iā€™m hoping if anything does come along, itā€™ll be short lived!
I may take some waterproofs, but may not.
Exciting isnā€™t it? šŸ˜„
My commute is 15 miles each way and I try and do 3 a week but mostly end up with 2 and I love it all year round. :okay:

stalagmike

Enormous member
My commute was 16 miles and I used to do three/four days a week on average. I'd treat myself to a drive and a fish and chips lunch on Fridays. That's was until October when I had an op which put me out until Jan, then I started up briefly again before back injury for another 6 weeks out, and then Covid came along and I don't have to commute at all anymore! Weirdly, I miss the pressure of getting somewhere 'on time' the most I think.

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Ok, so one day done, 32 miles, it was HOT!
I feel great, will have some sitbone issues tomorrow, but wow, what a great ride, and what a lovely bicycle the Genesis CdA 30 is, as good on road as my BeOne Mistral (I didnā€™t have a need for speed) and with the added joy of diverting off piste as it were.
Not too shabby either, although the return was quite slow as the heat of the day was still there at 4pm when I set off home. I had to stop to add a drink, and a 5 minute break, but itā€™s done, and I loved it!

Last edited:

Slick

Guru
I feel great, will have some sitbone issues tomorrow, but wow, what a great ride, and what a lovely bicycle the Genesis CdA 30 is, as good on road as my BeOne Mistral (I didnā€™t have a need for speed) and with the added joy of diverting off piste as it were.
Not too shabby either, although the return was quite slow as the heat of the day was still there at 4pm when I set off home. I had to stop to add a drink, and a 5 minute break, but itā€™s done, and I loved it!
Return
Your relive account is private so can only see it if you copy and paste on to here.

Either way, good effort. :okay:

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Return
Good stuff.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Sounds great. On the waterproofs side - Iā€™d say there are two choices, get wet from the outside in, or get wet from the inside out.

I find that waterproofs have a ā€œboil in the bagā€ effect that means youā€™ll feel like youā€™ve been rained on anyway once you finish the ride.

JSRossi

Regular
Hi there .. looking at buying a Genesis CDA 30 and would appreciate some feedback. I am new to raod cycling and although getting there with it, i will still be about 50/50 road and gravel/off road/bridle path/someything a bit messier .. and wondered how the CDA 30 would suit?

OP
OP
stoatsngroats
Hi there .. looking at buying a Genesis CDA 30 and would appreciate some ..../.....and wondered how the CDA 30 would suit?
I think itā€™s be perfect frankly, maybe not for competition but more than adequate for leisure and fun. Iā€™d be more than happy to tour on at, I think, unless youā€™ll be carrying heavy loads or high speeds itā€™s great, although I cannot say what the Alu frame wheels etc will achieve in extreme conditions itā€™s perfect for those conditions your considering šŸ‘
And, whilst I have ridden a short distance on gravel, and loose pebbles, the tyres and frame are fantastic on this - I wouldnā€™t have been happy on my racer across this, but the Genesis was really great. The GRX is very low gearing, it will be great for hilly off road. Not MTB stuff, but single track etc. will be wonderful.

Last edited:

JSRossi

Regular
I think itā€™s be perfect frankly, maybe not for competition but more than adequate for leisure and fun. Iā€™d be more than happy to tour on at, I think, unless youā€™ll be carrying heavy loads or high speeds itā€™s great, although I cannot say what the Alu frame wheels etc will achieve in extreme conditions itā€™s perfect for those conditions your considering šŸ‘
And, whilst I have ridden a short distance on gravel, and loose pebbles, the tyres and frame are fantastic on this - I wouldnā€™t have been happy on my racer across this, but the Genesis was really great. The GRX is very low gearing, it will be great for hilly off road. Not MTB stuff, but single track etc. will be wonderful.
Thank you, views much appreciated

Top Bottom