Bad Cleats

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

fuzzybuddha

I have been using the same cleats for about a year and a half. Lately I have noticed that my right foot was sliding, not as secure. Could not figure it out. Well i figured it out. Had to get new cleats! Duh! be safe everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_1639.jpeg
    IMG_1639.jpeg
    147.3 KB · Views: 4

MntnMan62

Über Member
Those look like Time ATACs. Great pedals.

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Not really bad cleats though are they? Just worn out due to poor shoe choice and lack of attention. Fit those cleats to a shoe with an mtb or touring type sole that has some tread around the cleat and they would last far longer. You would also be comfortable standing on them and moving around when off the bike rather than doing the constipated duck walk :laugh:

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

Not really bad cleats though are they? Just worn out due to poor shoe choice and lack of attention. Fit those cleats to a shoe with an mtb or touring type sole that has some tread around the cleat and they would last far longer. You would also be comfortable standing on them and moving around when off the bike rather than doing the constipated duck walk :laugh:
Thanks for the advice. I will probably be replacing the shoes in the near future, I like the style of this kind. If all I have to do is spend $25 every 2 years, I will deal. I am fond of the duck walk... makes me look regal. 😁

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
If all I have to do is spend $25 every 2 years, I will deal.
That can't be the price for new shoes, unless you are buying the equivalent of of the discount own-brand cycling shoes that Aldi/Lidl stores sometimes sell in the UK? I have had a couple of pairs of Aldi SPD shoes. One pair cost about £20 and lasted 3 years. The other cost £25 and lasted a couple of years or so.

Adam4868

Guru
Yea but can you do this with them...

View: https://twitter.com/Eganbernal/status/1275916086735757312?s=19

MntnMan62

Über Member
Thanks for the advice. I will probably be replacing the shoes in the near future, I like the style of this kind. If all I have to do is spend $25 every 2 years, I will deal. I am fond of the duck walk... makes me look regal. 😁

He makes a good point. I have been riding my road bike almost exclusively because I'm not in mountain biking shape. But I use Time ATACs on both my road and mountain bike and I have one pair of shoes. Mountain bike shoes. I'm not a roadie snob and don't care what the roadie snobs think of me. No reason to go out and buy two pairs of shoes for essentially the exact same thing. My mountain bike shoes are more like road bike shoes but with large grips. They are very stiff. Just keep a few cleats on hand for when they wear out. I've replaced mine a couple times. That's all you need.

OP
OP
fuzzybuddha

fuzzybuddha

No, I was thinking of buying new shoes as the current ones are getting quite worn. The $25 was for the cleat, not the shoes. I think I payed $60ish for them. I don’t mountain bike as it quite frankly frightens me.

Top Bottom