Bad Cyclists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
col said:
Its actually pleasantly surprising how many cyclists will wave me on,when im indicating to pull out,instead of passing me.:smile:

Its purely selfish! Why put yourself in the position of being overtaken by a bus, when you can look polite, then surf all the way to the next bus stop!!:ohmy::becool:

spindrift

How can pushing someone off their bike avoid injury? Easier to move out of the way, and that way you won't get charged with assault.

Do you shoot drivers on mobiles in the head, to even out your violent vigilantism?

spindrift

Nope - I took action to prevent him from causing injury to me. Perfectly legal!

Who told you it's legal to push people off their bikes please?

If you set yourself up as judge and jury, what do you do when you see drivers speeding or on mobiles, shoot them?

col

Legendary Member
spindrift said:
Nope - I took action to prevent him from causing injury to me. Perfectly legal!

Who told you it's legal to push people off their bikes please?

If you set yourself up as judge and jury, what do you do when you see drivers speeding or on mobiles, shoot them?

Oh come on SD,im sure if there was a collision iminent,you would do something similar,even a natural reflex is to put your arms up;)

Amanda P

Legendary Member
John the Monkey said:
I generally think it bad form to pass a bus that's indicating to move out, although I have done so when I've not had time to stop safely (I usually slow down or wait if I see the indication before I pass the back of the vehicle, but reckon I'd cause more problems by stopping once I'd passed the back, or if there was traffic close behind me).

Trouble is, often bus drivers start moving away from the kerb, then look in the mirror, and only then give a signal. If you're not sharp, you're half-way along the length of the bus by this time and in danger of being forced out into the opposite lane if the glance in the mirror and approprate action by the bus driver (ie stopping) doesn't happen....

But this thread is about bad cyclists, not bad bus drivers. Yeah, the ones who stick rigidly to the right on cycle paths are very common.

And, on a tangent here, have you ever noticed how many people on arriving at a junction look left first, then right? Odd that, because it's the traffic coming from the right that's going to hit them first. And having looked left and seen nothing to worry them, they often edge out and look right simultaneously, causing panic among traffic approaching from their right...

Terminator said:
I know some cyclists on here who think they know it all.

I do.

CotterPin

Saw a good bit of cycle incompetency last night.

Cyclist hugging the left hand kerb so much you think it must be their best friend. In front of her is a bus pulled up at a stop but out from the kerb a little. It's left indicator is showing that it has pulled up.

Our cyclist has plenty of time to look over her shoulder and pull out to go around the outside of the bus.

But no - she is so scared of getting out onto the dance floor that she decides to come up the inside mingling with the passengers getting on and off the bus.

I was about to turn right so I couldn't see how she got on and whether she came out the other end in one piece. Although I did try to keep looking for as long as possible - long enough to nearly hit an oncoming car. ;)

RPM

Uncle Phil said:
..have you ever noticed how many people on arriving at a junction look left first, then right?

YES YES YES!

(when they are turning right)
I reckon it's the selfishness gene, because they are looking at the lane that they want to be getting into, not the one other people are using, despite it being the first one they have to cross.

col

Legendary Member
Uncle Phil said:
Trouble is, often bus drivers start moving away from the kerb, then look in the mirror, and only then give a signal. If you're not sharp, you're half-way along the length of the bus by this time and in danger of being forced out into the opposite lane if the glance in the mirror and approprate action by the bus driver (ie stopping) doesn't happen....

But this thread is about bad cyclists, not bad bus drivers. Yeah, the ones who stick rigidly to the right on cycle paths are very common.

And, on a tangent here, have you ever noticed how many people on arriving at a junction look left first, then right? Odd that, because it's the traffic coming from the right that's going to hit them first. And having looked left and seen nothing to worry them, they often edge out and look right simultaneously, causing panic among traffic approaching from their right...

I represent er resent that:biggrin:

stephenb

Guru
Idiot cyclist on a shopper this morning, pavement hopping under Admiralty Arch and around Traf Square. I stopped at ped lights outside Charing X station, left foot on kerb, loads of peds crossing. He barges past on the inside nearly pushes me over and bombs through the peds. Successfully resisted the temptation to run him under a bus (would have done a few years ago, too old to bother now hence the avatar). Gave him a (polite) mouthful on the way past, not in the expectation it would do any good, more a reflex. Sigh.

gazzaputt

To the plum who needed to save 10 seconds this morning in his rush at Vauxhall.

No I don't go up the inside of juggernauts at traffic lights. Please if you wish mount the pavement to pass me and go up in the inside that is fine.

Just don't cut back in front of me from the path when the lights change and the lorry moves off you pr*ck causing me to hit you.

gambatte

Middle of the pack...
Uncle Phil said:

Yeah, but if theres not going to be a space for you in the far lane, why bother to check out the near ones? You'd just end up 1/2 way across?

Top Bottom