Bad Manoeuvre

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
Bad driving but I'm a coward so I'd have slowed down rather than ride into a narrowing gap.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
Bad driving but I'm a coward so I'd have slowed down rather than ride into a narrowing gap.
Slowing down may have helped but they did leave their manoeuvre very late.
Slowing down could have made it worse as they may have pranged me trying to get out of the way of the oncoming vehicle.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
I must admit having the hindsight of the camera makes it all too easy for me to think I would have slowed down there, and much earlier.

GrasB

Veteran
Grr I hate it when someone pulls out of a side road into the oncoming lane to overtake you because you don't actually know if they've not seen you or do that. Scary moments those.

OP
OP
BSRU

BSRU

A Human Being
I must admit having the hindsight of the camera makes it all too easy for me to think I would have slowed down there, and much earlier.
Video is always good for reviewing incidents, I was probably paying more attention to the mini coming from the junction on the left as their view of me is obscured by a large tree.

I had the exact same thing happen to me while I was indicating out to move into primary for a roundabout coming up.

The driver then took exception to me taking exception to his driving!

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Video is always good for reviewing incidents, I was probably paying more attention to the mini coming from the junction on the left as their view of me is obscured by a large tree.

Totally, I'm not sure I'd have done any better in a stressful moment like that. Blasted driver!!!

[quote="BSRU, post: 1717358, member: 9758"they just looked straight ahead doing their best not to look[/quote]
Pretty much like the rest of their driving then?

Top Bottom