Bad Shepherds

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Last night I went over to Pocklington to see Ade Edmonson's Bad Shepherds and was pleasantly surprised by their delivery of punk classics through the medium of folk music. Not all of their interpretations rang my bell but they were in the minority.

There's an Ulleann piper called Troy Donockley in the band and he was absolutely awesome. It was the first time that I'd heard pipes miked up and played with echo and reverb.

They are well worth seeing.

Globalti

Legendary Member
Sounds interesting.

*Runs for iTunes.....*

TVC

I caught them in Leicester last year, and have tickets to see them in Oxford in the autumn with one of my older brothers who lives there. If you were at the gig in Pock then you were also in the company of my little brother who got tickets on the strength of my recommendation.

Fandango

Saw them in Southampton last year and they were awesome! Great energy, funny, and an unusual take on old punk songs for sure. One of the best evening's entertainment I have had for a long time.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

Ade Edmonson shared a secret about Steve Gerrard's love life last night. It was jaw droppingly off side. Turned out to be a hoax.

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

The tale was the Gerrard was playing away with his wife's sister and that she was pregnant to him.

It was also claimed that there was an injuncion to prevent the press from revealing the news until the FA and Capello had concluded their contract negotiations.

It seemed to be supported by some posting last night but the latest is that his wife doesn't have a sister!

OP
OP
vernon

vernon

craigwend said:
You went to Pocklington . . . ?

Oh yes indeedy.

I:

• Incorporate it as a control on several of my 100km mesh Audax rides.
  • Attend several gigs per year at the arts centre
  • Get outrageously drunk at my pal's house there after some of the above activities
  • Buy pies at the butcher's shop.
It's not a too bad a place. A tad too quiet for me ever to consider it as a permanent place of residence.

craigwend

Grimpeur des terrains plats
Actually been there a few times myself

watched ToB last year, had it as a cyclechat meeting point for a ride last year (admin turned the forum off for a laugh!) it's (a nice) part of the route 66 route ..

Its a nice little town too, with good cafe's

think I'd've enjoyed the gig as an old punk too :blush:

Top Bottom