Bad Week

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hip Priest

Veteran
I rarely have incidents, but this week has shaken my out of my complacency:

1) On Wednesday evening, I got told to 'Get off the road you daft c---!' by a passing motorist.
2) On Thursday evening, I was subject to all manner of hand gestures from two teenage girls whilst following a bus.
3) This morning, a private coach got right up my backside and beeped his horn whilst I was passing parked cars.
4) This evening, I got forced into the kerb by a 4x4 who tried to reach the end of a queue before me and failed.

If I'd had a cam, I'd have been tempted to report 2&4 for dangerous driving, whereas the other two were just generally dispiriting. I thought the success of Wiggo might've made people look positively upon cyclists, but I was wrong.

BSRU

A Human Being
Unfortunately some people think that being delayed a few seconds is so bad they must put other road users in danger.

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
Unfortunately some people think that being delayed a few seconds is so bad they must put other road users in danger.

Correct. The coach stopped to collect passengers literally 200 yds after forcing past me, so I passed him back. Ironically, the bloke who called me a 'c---' did so whilst executing a perfect overtake!

Berties

Fast and careful!
Bad days bring incidents all collections,yesterday started with oh a fine day I'll take my ,carbon for a burn up on my commute , all well started, first puncture 5 miles ,7miles on silly cow comes down a road straight towards me, as her side is blocked,Christ that was close,800 metres more ,puncture 2 ,mended puncture with a scab pumped up ,and noticed I had a rupture in the side wall in a seperate place, so 10 miles at a ultra slow pace,so tyre is gone ,lbs to work had no 700x23 tyre not even one,so got the train to salisbury to get the tyre replaced ,I love my commute ,things that don't kill you make you stronger ,now the specific road slicks are going going gone folding gators for this weather

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
1) 2) and 3) not really worth worrying about.

I just had a number 4) at Walthamstow with a bus (today) racing for the pinch point.I let him have it,I still caught him and overtook him afterwards.Got that on camera but im not really too bothered about it.I know what buses are like sometimes.

OP
OP
Hip Priest

Hip Priest

Veteran
1) 2) and 3) not really worth worrying about.

I just had a number 4) at Walthamstow with a bus (today) racing for the pinch point.I let him have it,I still caught him and overtook him afterwards.Got that on camera but im not really too bothered about it.I know what buses are like sometimes.

Yeah, it's not a big deal.

It's just unusual to have four such incidents in one week, when I normally have zero.

Miquel In De Rain

No Longer Posting
Yeah, it's not a big deal.

It's just unusual to have four such incidents in one week, when I normally have zero.

Well you are better than me then.:whistle:

2) I'd have probably have given the same back....for some reason I seem to be a bit intimidating to motorists at the moment...Im sure that van was panicking while I was waiting behind it at the top of Gainsborough Road today.I have it on camera,weird.There was also something else but I can't remember where it was at the moment.

On thinking about that van,perhaps he thought I was going to cut in front of him,although I had no intention of doing so.

1) would have been two fingers and play it from there.(and I have done that) Well
possibly,depending on how knackered I was.

Top Bottom