Baggy shorts

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

vigomag

Über Member
Having always worn Lycra shorts I am considering moving over to baggy shorts (it's an age thing) any the issue is being somewhat short in stature 5'6" looking for recommendations as dnt want shorts that look like short trousers!

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
Humvee👍

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I usually wear 3/4 length Humvees (see avatar picture on left) but they are much too warm in the hot summer conditions that we have had recently so I bought a pair of these lightweight Altura baggies. They are much more comfortable on a hot day, but only you can decide if they "look like short trousers"! They come with a liner short which is very tight so I would go up a size from what you think you need. I use a stretchy belt with them to take the strain off the fastener which doesn't look like it would take a lot of strain. I suppose it depends on how slim one's waist is...? :whistle:

I just wear normal shorts from Tesco - or Next

I do have to search for some shorter ones - I only have short legs and I hate shorts that reach my knees - neither one thing or another!!

Still work

Oh - and i also wear a normal t-shirt

I guess I will never win the TdF but whatever- it is fine for wandering around the local canals and paths

Mike_P

Guru
Baggy cycling shorts normally have zipped pockets which is a significant advantage for cycling. My favourites used on the ebike for shopping are 3/4s from Tenn who are no more. I do have also have 3/4s from Madison which only get used on a need to basis as I find the internal velcro waist tighters give rough sensations; they really need a wider fabric overlay to fully enclose the Velcro. They did come with a detachable inner but I do not use padded undies on the ebike especially since it acquired the ultra padded Ridgeback saddle off my hybrid.

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Again 👍 for Humvee. Also got a cheaper brand but similar, almost as good, but a @postman says any reasonable cotton shorts are good. I have plenty and prefer the cargo style which are good for carrying stuff but some might find them too heavy and perhaps hot in summer.

8mph

Veteran
Again 👍 for Humvee. Also got a cheaper brand but similar, almost as good, but a @postman says any reasonable cotton shorts are good. I have plenty and prefer the cargo style which are good for carrying stuff but some might find them too heavy and perhaps hot in summer.

Have to agree, you can't go wrong with cotton cargo shorts, the best I've found are from Animal.

Top Bottom