bags

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chris folder

Hi Im thinking of adding a carry bag to my bromptom do they make bike feel heavy on ride with weight on front of bike?

shouldbeinbed

Rollin' along
No, they help the stability and keep the bike more planted on the road, especially when you are going quicker.

You can have quite a bit of weight in the bag and barely notice it at all when riding along and taking corners.

You can buy the Brompton bag frame and use an existing bag you have with not much adapting as the Brompton own bags are rather expensive - decent & well made though and worth the spend over the long term.

Paging @Fab Foodie and @User for adapted bag expertise

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Hi Im thinking of adding a carry bag to my bromptom do they make bike feel heavy on ride with weight on front of bike?
As @shouldbeinbed states, carrying a bag on the front of a Brompton actually makes it more stable and less twitchy. Of course it doesn't help the aerodynamics and extra weight makes itself felt like on any other bicycle.
Brompton Bags are great but pricey.
An attachment/rack to carry a pair of regular panniers on the front is also available.

The larger Brompton bags all use a separate frame to fix to the front block.

This can be purchased for ~£20 and used (with a bit of imagination) to mount all kinds of other bags.
https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=b...oTCJb_2fXt7cgCFUvaGgodPZACPg&biw=1366&bih=643

There is a smaller one for S-types and a larger frames for M-types and P-types I've used it for hanging regular Carradice style bags (because I had some) using heavy duty tie-wraps and it works really well.
@User used the same frame for attaching a cheap single pannier from Planet-X and I've done the same and this also works well.

Here is the Brompton loaded for a camping trip using an old Carradice Camper longflap bag on an S-type bag frame:

IMG_2093.JPG

Here is the Adrian single pannier solution using the same frame:

IMG_2217.JPG

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi guys great looking bags on your bikes:smile: im going to buy the smallest messager style bag is that the c bag? Have u tryed the shopper bag?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
I've got the T-Bag on my M6R, and it's actually on there all the time. Good for anything from shopping at lunchtime to ten days touring. It's not the only answer by any means, but it works for me.
Nov2014 pictures from phone 019.jpg

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi im going to look at bags wensday I mite get the t bag looks just the right size. Looks good on your bike

roundthebendbromcycle

I have used one of the brompton bags for about 6 years, and I can verify they are well made, great for carrying shopping ect. and the bike does handle better, with a bit of weight up front.
One thing I have always felt is that a thinner taller bag would look more in keeping with the style and perhaps cause a little less wind resistance. Does anyone else see this, I'm a graphic designer so things like that bug me.

OP
OP
C

chris folder

Hi I have ordered a t bag and a c bag to look at Friday going to pick one of them. I do like the shopper bag to

jay clock

Massive member
I have the Brompton S bag on and S3L. Agreed it helps the handling

Top Bottom