Bakfiets Cargobike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

DrMekon

Über Member
Sold subject to cleared funds

3831824986_be84f09258.jpg
[size=6pt]Child and likeabike not included[/size]

3925155633_3065f4dd10.jpg

3913369674_5eb2317f63.jpg

It's a v1.0 (the best handling sort) with the Nexus 8 speed hub and a Nexus dynohub (it's NN8D spec in bakfiets.nl parlance - £1920 new inc the raintent). It's fitted with a bench seat for two children. Since I've had it, I've had both wheels replaced (dynohub failed, rear wheel was misinstalled by the factory and replaced under warranty about 600km ago), and various other bits and bobs done. Since I took the picture, I've removed the plastic skirt guards so it's easier to secure the bike. I've also had a new Axa Defender lock fitted because the SL7 it came with has a security flaw (both keys present). It's consmetically good, and mechanically perfect.

It's just been serviced by the UK distributor and had the tie-rods all checked (tie rod lever was replaced). It's also had the updated stand feet and magnetic stand catch fitted. It comes with the red raintent in the picture plus the black cover than covers just the top of the box if you are using it for cargo purposes. It also comes with a Weber baby seat. The front light has been upgraded to a B&M IQ Cyo. I am asking £1100 for it, less if you don't need the baby seat, cargo cover or IQ Cyo (I would refit the B&M Lumotec it came with). It is located in Cambridge, and can get quotes for delivery.

The UK distributor has done all the servicing since I've owned it (he lives two villages over from me), and is happy for me to put potential buyers in touch with him to discuss the bike. Please PM if you are interested. I've also put the bike up for sale on YACF and Velovision.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Looks pretty good. Not something I'm looking at right now, but I was wondering how it handles when fully laden?

OP
OP
D

DrMekon

Über Member
Looks pretty good. Not something I'm looking at right now, but I was wondering how it handles when fully laden?

Handles better loaded, up to about 60kg, when it starts to feel less good up to about 125kg where it really is a bit much for most people. I've done a few >5m rides with 125kg in and it was wearing.

Top Bottom