Bandana that doesn't leave marks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rhysito

I appreciate this is a niche question, but I am bald and use a bandana when cycling to protect myself from the sun and to stop sweat pouring down my face. However, the bandana / dorag that I use, as a seam running east to west which when combined with a cycling helmet leaves a reddish indentation on my brow for 30 minutes after I take it off. Does anyone have any recommendations for bandanas that do not have a seam or have any other sugestions?

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
A Buff might be better! There are no seams in a good one.

Plenty of other ways to wear it, too..

alicat

Legendary Member
Have you tried turning it inside out so that no seams are directly pressing on your scalp? Or experimenting with the position of the seam so that it does not make contact with the plastic band on your helmet?

vickster

Legendary Member
I appreciate this is a niche question, but I am bald and use a bandana when cycling to protect myself from the sun and to stop sweat pouring down my face. However, the bandana / dorag that I use, as a seam running east to west which when combined with a cycling helmet leaves a reddish indentation on my brow for 30 minutes after I take it off. Does anyone have any recommendations for bandanas that do not have a seam or have any other sugestions?
Looks like you need to update your avatar :laugh:

My several non therrmal buffs cost about £1 each and have no seams.
I'd wear a separate sweat band for the sweat.
The techie material ones are good - dry out faster than traditional towelling tennis ones.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
I use a cycle cap though on very hot days I do get sweat dripping off the peak which is a bit unpleasant.

carpiste

Guru
I also use a buff. I have several, bought from Ebay, and they are so cheap, cheerful and never had any marks left on my bald head or my pretty face ^_^
ps. they stop you eating flying creatures ^_^ but thin enough to breath easily if you`re a sprinter!

Top Bottom