Bank Priority?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Dommo

Veteran
Hi all,

I cross the junction at Bank every day on my way into work and I'm wondering if anyone explain traffic priority. I cross from the lights at the end of King William Street and cross the junction to Princes Street as seen here :

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5...m4!1e1!3m2!1ss3OMnHidPAbHnF5XTcEWQQ!2e0?hl=en

Pretty much every time there are still vehicles that are coming through the lights from Poultry and doing a right turn into King William Street (either having been queueing beyond the lights or running them.)

Rarely do any of these vehicles wait on Poultry and simply try to drive across the flow from King William Street. My understanding would be that traffic going straight across the junction would have priority but given there are no arrows coming up to the lights on King William Street it's not obvious whether it is "straight across"

Can someone with knowledge enlighten me? (Not that I'm going to try and ride straight across against a bus turning "without priority" :smile:

Used to commute that way but I don't anymore (or at least rarely) as I use side-streets to avoid all the rubbish so I can't really picture it.Sorry.

Oops,looked at the pic and that's the way I used to commute to go via Mansion House.Don't really know the answer though.I don't think they have priority but of course you have to keep your wits about you just in case.

(Sorry,edited this three times) (posted as second message but waiting approval) cheers.

Last edited:
Top Bottom