Banksy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
I was getting a bit bored with Banksy. I thought his stuff was amusing for a while, but when every other wannabe artist started copying his style, I quickly grew bored. I got to say he's good at stirring things up. He must be a better ideas man than Damien Hurst. There was that incident when someone removed the plaster from his wall and tried to auction it in Florida. Then there was the incident when he sprayed, "This is not an elephant on a disused water tank!" near Hollywood, only to discover some homeless person was sleeping there, who lost his home when some rich guys acquired the work. Now he's sprayed some of his graffitti in a poor New York neighbourhood, but now locals are charging people $12 to see it. Other works have been made valueless by being sprayed over by rival graffitti artists. This is all really funny.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Art is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

I value Banksy's entire output at £0.83

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
I like Banksy's work. It's a lot better than the graffiti found in Lancaster. But like any artist, their style becomes tiresome after a while. I quite like that Monet bloke too, but think Dali's is overrated tosh... both are very 'samey'

I guess part of the attraction Banksy once had was his perceived anonymity... although I'm dubious about just how 'anonymous' or 'wanted' he actually is. Will he ever be unmasked, caught or charged? Or is that all part of the marketing?

OP
OP
Yellow Fang

Yellow Fang

Legendary Member
Who is Banksy?

linky

He paints this sort of thing.

zj5128c9f5.jpg

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
Who is Banksy?

Apologies to Shakespeare:

Who is Banksy? what is he
That all our walls attract him?
Hidden, shy and wise is he:
At first his art did lift me,
The dealers, such pounds did give him
That he might envied be.

Is he good as he is fair?
For beauty lives with richness.
Paint doth to our walls repair,
To help him cure our blandness,
And, being helped, inhabits there.

I like Banksy's work. It's a lot better than the graffiti found in Lancaster. But like any artist, their style becomes tiresome after a while. I quite like that Monet bloke too, but think Dali's is overrated tosh... both are very 'samey'

I guess part of the attraction Banksy once had was his perceived anonymity... although I'm dubious about just how 'anonymous' or 'wanted' he actually is. Will he ever be unmasked, caught or charged? Or is that all part of the marketing?
Banksy likes Monet too...'loads a Monet' Aerosols.

Top Bottom