Banned performance enhancement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Martinsnos

There are many different views on banned performance enhancement In cycling.
My interest is:
What would be being used during training?
What is used in races?
How do they avoid being detected?
Many thanks.

classic33

Leg End Member
Your own blood, with nothing artificial introduced

DRM

Guru
There are many different views on banned performance enhancement In cycling.
My interest is:
What would be being used during training?
What is used in races?
How do they avoid being detected?
Many thanks.
Take EPO while training, drain thick blood into bags, keep cold, reinfuse blood, pray your storage is good so it doesn’t kill you, other option take salty water rub into groin, see doc for cortisone treatment due to saddle sore, ensure you get Theraputic use exemption signed off , jobs a good un, as long as you don’t get caught

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
PS seriously, exercising hard does irritate the lungs. It was probably a not a good idea for me to stand in a shopping queue a couple of months ago after a hard ride. Lungs were sore, and I couldn't stop a couple of sneezes... pooped the pants of the 4 people that kept standing too close to me.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

Take EPO while training, drain thick blood into bags, keep cold, reinfuse blood, pray your storage is good so it doesn’t kill you, other option take salty water rub into groin, see doc for cortisone treatment due to saddle sore, ensure you get Theraputic use exemption signed off , jobs a good un, as long as you don’t get caught

Many thanks. The other day I read the final UK Parliament verdict on Wiggins and they effectively publicly said he cheated.

What % of say the Tour de France riders are cheating?

Rocky

Hello decadence
I enhance my performance with pies and gin. They are all I need to propel myself to superhuman speeds on my Brompton and they are not on the banned substance list.

(I never train - why waste valuable eating time?)

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Cake in training. Undetectable during races.

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
Many thanks. The other day I read the final UK Parliament verdict on Wiggins and they effectively publicly said he cheated.

What % of say the Tour de France riders are cheating?
About the same as always. The clue is in the word 'professional'. They are trying to earn a living.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
What's that, then? Are you sure you're not interpreting what you want it to say?
Report of the Select Committee said:
110. From the evidence that has been received by the Committee regarding the use of triamcinolone at Team Sky during the period under investigation, and particularly in 2012, we believe that this powerful corticosteroid was being used to prepare Bradley Wiggins, and possibly other riders supporting him, for the Tour de France. The purpose of this was not to treat medical need, but to improve his power to weight ratio ahead of the race. The application for the TUE for the triamcinolone for Bradley Wiggins, ahead of the 2012 Tour de France, also meant that he benefited from the performance enhancing properties of this drug during the race. This does not constitute a violation of the WADA code, but it does cross the ethical line that David Brailsford says he himself drew for Team Sky. In this case, and contrary to the testimony of David Brailsford in front of the Committee, we believe that drugs were being used by Team Sky, within the WADA rules, to enhance the performance of riders, and not just to treat medical need.
PDF of report.
:whistle:

Top Bottom