Banned performance enhancement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
nope.
we believe that drugs were being used by Team Sky, within the WADA rules, to enhance the performance of riders, and not just to treat medical need.
See page 34
https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/cm201719/cmselect/cmcumeds/366/366.pdf
Is that accusing Sky more than Wiggins?

I know, I know, absolute liability, but would you argue with Shane Sutton and a doctor telling you it's legal to get a shot in the bum primarily to deal with an allergy that will secondarily improve performance?

Reactions: DRM
OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

Just ignore me then... :whistle:

:laugh:

You know what it’s like. You click the notifications, read the comment, spend ages finding the quote and then days later reading through the thread you find Colin had done it already (thanks!!!).

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

I know, I know, absolute liability, but would you argue with Shane Sutton and a doctor telling you it's legal to get a shot in the bum primarily to deal with an allergy that will secondarily improve performance?

I think as is stated in the report, it seems worse if you are painting yourself as totally fair and at the same time interpreting the rules to your own advantage.
Wiggins is 1 known to be doing it, so he is ‘named’ by association.

DRM

Guru

To me this has gone on forever, to get an advantage over your opponent, look at how the Eastern Bloc countries decided to prove their athletes were better then the West's, they gave them a job, but they never went to work, instead they trained every day, they were amateurs, allegedly, in reality they were professional athletes in everything but name, they were doped to make them stronger, however the fallout of those that were harmed by this was horrifying, only a few made the grade, yet truly amateur athletes had no chance against them, if a governing body puts rules in place, teams will try & push those boundaries until another rule prevents it, until everyone is tested for every drug, some will get away with it, we know they can't do this, it's impossible, so teams will try it on, until prevented, then they will find another way.

OP
OP
M

Martinsnos

To me this has gone on forever, to get an advantage over your opponent, look at how the Eastern Bloc countries decided to prove their athletes were better then the West's, they gave them a job, but they never went to work, instead they trained every day, they were amateurs, allegedly, in reality they were professional athletes in everything but name, they were doped to make them stronger, however the fallout of those that were harmed by this was horrifying, only a few made the grade, yet truly amateur athletes had no chance against them, if a governing body puts rules in place, teams will try & push those boundaries until another rule prevents it, until everyone is tested for every drug, some will get away with it, we know they can't do this, it's impossible, so teams will try it on, until prevented, then they will find another way.

Consistency is one thing. Slightly different theme but ‘no deviation in a sprint’, what do we see, huge deviations in sprints, sometimes punished, sometimes not. Drafting behind car after mechanical, the list goes on!!!

Top Bottom