Bar bag..

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ChristinaJL

I've got this small topeak bag, and it did fit on my ladies' dolce elite, which I'd imagine has a narrower handlebar width, although it's now on my touring bike. It seems a similar size to the one you're after.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
ChristinaJL said:
I've got this small topeak bag, and it did fit on my ladies' dolce elite, which I'd imagine has a narrower handlebar width, although it's now on my touring bike. It seems a similar size to the one you're after.
yes looked at that one too,it's about the size i need as it's only for my lunch and a few bits and bobs like glasses case and wallet/keys etc.Was confused about the size of the quick release clamps and whether they will fit my drop bars OK or will I need a different clamp.
I'll have to get the tape measure out I think.

ChristinaJL

I'd imagine the quick release thingy is the same?

My handlebars are 31.8mm diameter and QR was fine on those, if that helps. :blush:

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
One last question Christina,have you got any pics with it on the bike and will I still be able to fit my lights to the bars?

ChristinaJL

4530951885_07c9afd458_o.jpg

Not sure about the lights - I've got a headtorch and was going to strap that on top in case of emergencies.

ChristinaJL

PS - had a quick look at the photo and I'm pretty sure the light would be obscured by a bar bag, but you might have wider handlebars than mine. :blush:

I like the size of the bag I've got and it's hard shell, so would protect camera/phone etc in case of falls. Plus you can take out the foam padding inside if you want more room.

OP
OP
potsy

potsy

Rambler
Thanks for that,will consider it,the one i linked to I like the fact it doubles as a waist bag as i always commute one way in the dark so always need lights,was thinking bar bag one way then waist bag for other way if i can't fit the lights as well.

Top Bottom