Bar-ends - screw in plug type rather than on the bars?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Is there any bar-end grips that can be screwed into the handle bars (hole at the end) rather than on the bars themselves and so not taking up space? If that makes any sense. ;)

Landslide

Rare Migrant
Such a thing did exist, though I've not seen any offered for sale for years.
I think the general opinion was that they were heavier, and potentially more damaging to your handlebars due to the way they applied the clamping forces.

Yup, Onza introduced them originally with a wedge like a quill stem when steel bars were all the rage. They used to split aluniman bars with ease so were quickly discontinued.

I wanted a pair last year for my fairing, and was unsuccessful.

They used to have a habit of splitting the end of the handlebars so became unpopular and then dropped.

bonk man

mickle said:
Yup, Onza introduced them originally with a wedge like a quill stem when steel bars were all the rage. They used to split aluniman bars with ease so were quickly discontinued.

they work ok with titanium bars though:smile:

longers

Legendary Member
If you're thinking about the Cane Creeks, maybe consider these. Quite a bit cheaper.

I'll be getting that bike out the shed again later, I'll have a look and see how much bar space they need.

I have those on my Thorn.... The small flat area fits the heel of the hand perfectly and is a lot more comfortable than the Cane Creek ones

longers

Legendary Member
I've just taken one off and they require about the same amount of space as a normal bar end, for some reason I thought they needed less.

OP
OP
semislickstick
b85c_1.JPG
These no good then?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=280357609164

Top Bottom