Bar Swap

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

SeldomSeen

Finally got my superman bars from Taiwan and fitted them today. Will have to play with the set-up, but seem pretty good so far. The mirror isn't going to work there, so will need another. Bought a whole set of cables, but in the end they were all long enough.
IMG_20210824_184605.jpg
IMG_20210824_184522.jpg

IMG_20210824_184529.jpg

PaulM

Guru
Looks great. Well done.

OP
OP
SeldomSeen

SeldomSeen

Gave it a proper ride out today (after chopping the stem back a further 2 inches), and it was great. Took me months to confidently ride one handed with the hamster bars, but I was happily riding one handed after 5 minutes on these. Need to make a few little tweaks and re-route a cable, but all is good!

Astroceras

Gave it a proper ride out today (after chopping the stem back a further 2 inches), and it was great. Took me months to confidently ride one handed with the hamster bars, but I was happily riding one handed after 5 minutes on these. Need to make a few little tweaks and re-route a cable, but all is good!
Your new set up looks very good, I too am struggling with the hamster bars and would like to switch to the superman. May I ask where you ordered them from?
Many thanks.

spark303

Guru
Pretty sure those bars are from Performer. I ordered a set direct from them in Taiwan a couple of months ago and it was a completely painless transaction. Took about a week to arrive in the UK. You could also try Bacchetta tweener bars - either via the UK importer Cyclecentric or direct from Bentup Cycles in the States.

OP
OP
SeldomSeen

SeldomSeen

Yes, they are indeed the performer bars and stem - had to also fit new forks as the stem was a good 15mm taller than the stem on the meta hamster bars. Have racked up quite a few miles now, and the bars are great, so much nicer to ride than with the hamsters!

Astroceras

Pretty sure those bars are from Performer. I ordered a set direct from them in Taiwan a couple of months ago and it was a completely painless transaction. Took about a week to arrive in the UK. You could also try Bacchetta tweener bars - either via the UK importer Cyclecentric or direct from Bentup Cycles in the States.
Many thanks

Astroceras

Yes, they are indeed the performer bars and stem - had to also fit new forks as the stem was a good 15mm taller than the stem on the meta hamster bars. Have racked up quite a few miles now, and the bars are great, so much nicer to ride than with the hamsters!
Many thanks - I will do the same as the hamster bars really don’t work for me

Top Bottom