Bar tape colour

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
I wouldn't have suggested red but it looks great, ignore all the colour blind tasteless folk on here!

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I wouldn't have suggested red but it looks great, ignore all the colour blind tasteless folk on here!
Thanks for that, l was beginning to get a complex!
There will be other decisions to be made soon and l really don't want to mess this one up. The 1970's Faggine should arrive next week and l have discovered that it has a completely chromed frame which has been over painted in sort of iridescent dark blue. It is far from being pristine so l want to do as good a job as l can tidying it up.....l'm going to need advice and thats putting it mildly!
I,ll post some photos as soon as poss.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Just to prove I wasn't 'Havin' a Giraffe' here is my old Carlton,

DSCN0110.JPG

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
Well lm blowed they make a handsome pair ! In future l shall trust my judgement, or lack of it as far as bar tape is concerned. However l know that l am going to need your expertise on this . I think that the Faggin l stole on eBay may arrive next week and l am hoping to do a really good job of tidying it up once l have had a good look at it. I will post some photos of the iffy bits and hope for help .The paintwork for example is cromovelato which l take to mean a sort of glaze over the chrome....how the hell do you deal with repairs to that ?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Well lm blowed they make a handsome pair ! In future l shall trust my judgement, or lack of it as far as bar tape is concerned. However l know that l am going to need your expertise on this . I think that the Faggin l stole on eBay may arrive next week and l am hoping to do a really good job of tidying it up once l have had a good look at it. I will post some photos of the iffy bits and hope for help .The paintwork for example is cromovelato which l take to mean a sort of glaze over the chrome....how the hell do you deal with repairs to that ?
I think that is a finish similar to Carlton's 'Polychromatic..?' which is nigh on impossible to touch up (it's a kind of tinted clear laquer-ish stuff) @Spokesmann would have a better idea than me.

OP
OP
woodbutcher

woodbutcher

Veteran
I think that is a finish similar to Carlton's 'Polychromatic..?' which is nigh on impossible to touch up (it's a kind of tinted clear laquer-ish stuff) @Spokesmann would have a better idea than me.
Yes that sounds like it, when l get the bike will post some close up photos of the challenge and fun ahead .

U

User32269

I like the red. Always go for black myself. I just know, from bitter experience, that first or second ride my oily, grimy, hands would destroy anything lighter.

U

User32269

I took your advice and went red tape for my Carlton. I know lm not up to much when it comes to wrapping but l think the colour is great....thanks Raleighnut.
Today I bought some red bar tape for my blue Quinns bike, found some red bottle cages in the shed and it has white brake hoods on. I'm blaming you if it looks like an explosion in a paint shop!

Top Bottom