Bar tape

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

Fettled: one pair of bar tapes. FSA Gel Ultra. Blue.

Took a couple of attempts coz too loose first time round, and by then the nice FSA branded finishing tape was screwed, so I've used black gaffer tape.

Not done it perfectly to be frank, eg left brake cable not in the best place, but I think it'll do for now.

Peteaud

Veteran
pics

Ellillowladex

Regular
Fettled: one pair of bar tapes. FSA Gel Ultra. Blue.

Took a couple of attempts coz too loose first time round, and by then the nice FSA branded finishing tape was screwed, so I've used black gaffer tape.

Not done it perfectly to be frank, eg left brake cable not in the best place, but I think it'll do for now.

Have you tried the tape out yet...is it comfy?

I'm looking at bar tape at the moment for my MB Dronfield, and the FSA Ultragel is on my list.

Was also looking to be fitting it (my first attempt) myself too, any advice?

Look on YouTube for 'Learning Centre | How to wrap your bars part 1'

There is also part 2 as well.

They are made by Art's Cyclery and IMO are the best vids on the subject.

I usually post a link but I'm on my phone just now and can't seem to do that, I'll update this later if you haven't found them by then.

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

the fsa ultra gel isnt as fat as some tape but its fatter than the stock giant tape was on my aluminium defy. at under ten quid i cant complain. looks good too. apart from my shoddy workmanship!

i didnt watch any help videos this time. but the notes on the back of the packet were fairly clear. i would also recommend leaving the previous tape on one side of the handlebar for reference. be prepared to go at it more than once and dont accept less than "good job" from yourself. you also need to keep it pretty tight so it doesnt slip around after its fitted!

OP
OP
Cyclist33

Cyclist33

image.jpg

Top Bottom