Barclays Cycle Superhighway Ride 18.07.10

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
Barclays Cycle Superhighway Ride 25.07.10 (New Date)

It's only 31 days till the first two Cycle Super Highways are official open.

I'll be cycling route 7 from Merton to the City and back again on the sunday before hand (25.07.10) and possibly route 3 if there is intrest. Anyone is welcome to join at either end or anywhere along the route.

Times are undecided and i will let you know depending on numbers.

Why? the cycle super highway should be a big leap for raising the profile of cycling in london. But with some bad press over the past few months, is it actually going to live up to expectations?
This will be the first chance we get to ride the full route compleated (at least i hope they aren't doing much work the day before it's due to be open) with little traffic.

Just to let people know, i will be filming the whole ride, and more than likely putting it on youtube as a full documentation as to how the whole route looks.

UPDATE: I have moved the date back a week. For several reasons, i hope now more people will also be able to join in and put the route through

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Would have joined you on this Gaz, but am on hilibobs on that date.

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
they've done precisely the same thing on Clapham Road. The bus lane is often full of cyclists - but they've only painted half the width (and some of the paint is lifting). And the new raised white line isn't any fun - it almost had me off on Friday, and it brought the chap on slick tyres behind me down with an almighty crash.

Gaz - the test is during weekday rush hour. There are already thousands of cyclists using this route - does it make their journey simpler or safer? I'll be in France on the 18th, so, sorry, I won't be able to make it. I look forward to seeing the video, though.

OP
OP
gaz

gaz

Cycle Camera TV
dellzeqq said:
Gaz - the test is during weekday rush hour. There are already thousands of cyclists using this route - does it make their journey simpler or safer? I'll be in France on the 18th, so, sorry, I won't be able to make it. I look forward to seeing the video, though.

Good questions, only time will tell how it works out.

Top Bottom