1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bare-faced cheek

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fnaar, 2 May 2008.

1. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

2. Brock

Brock Senior Member

Hmmm two thoughts on this. Why was the car snapped if it wasn't breaking the speed limit? And was I wrong in thinking the driver holds responsibility for making sure that all passengers are wearing seat belts?

3. Landslide

Landslide Rare Migrant

I wondered about that too. Mebbe one of those average speed checks, where the photos are taken regardless of speed?

4. Night Train

Night Train Guest

I thought this too.
    Drivers are only responsible for keeping minors seat belted. Adults are supposed to be responsible for themselves. Personally, I refuse to drive unless everyone on board does belt up (unless they have good reason).

5. Noodley

Noodley Guest

It is most likely to have been a mobile unit, and the operator could take a pic manually.

Re responsibility: driver is only responsible if a child <under 14? It used to be 14 but it may have changed>, over that age and it's the responsibility of the passenger

6. Keith Oates

Keith Oates Janner

I hope the police can find a charge to hit him with, there's no excuse for doing that in a public place!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!