Bargain?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
C

chillyuk

I am not an equipment snob but think I will give this one a miss thank you.

Banjo

Fuelled with Jelly Babies
Probably be ok for occasional short rides but at that price its going to be made out of cheap materials with cheap components .If you want to enjoy your cycling and do more than a couple of miles now and then I would try and get a bike from a respected manufacturer.

I once ordered a folding bike from Argos .You can only get them delivered and three times it didnt arrive as arranged.Getting through to them to complain/rearrange was a nightmare.Didnt keep it long luckilly managed to sell it without losing too much.

MLC

Here's the spec

:
Carbon Hi-Mod Fork: Hi-Mod+ Full Carbon Front Derailleur: SRAM RED Rear Derailleur: SRAM RED Shifters: SRAM RED Chainset: Hollowgram SL BB30 Chainrings: 39/53 tooth chainrings Bottom Bracket: BB30 ceramic bearings Cassette: SRAM OG-1090 11-26 tooth Chain: SRAM PC-1090 Front Brake: Zero Gravity Rear Brake: Zero Gravity Brake Levers: SRAM RED Handlebars: Zipp SL Ergo 31.8mm Stem: Zipp SL Speed 31.8mm Headset: Carbon Top Cap Rims: DT Swiss RRC 425 front and RRC 525 rear Front Hub: DT Swiss RRC 425 Rear Hub: DT Swiss RRC 525 Spokes: DT Swiss Front Tyre: Schwalbe Ultremo Tubular, Super light version 700x21c Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Ultremo Tubular, Super light version 700x21c Saddle: Fizik Antares with Carbon rails Seatpost: USE Alien Cyclops Carbon 31.6mm

OP
OP
V

Vitesse

MLC said:
Here's the spec

:
Carbon Hi-Mod Fork: Hi-Mod+ Full Carbon Front Derailleur: SRAM RED Rear Derailleur: SRAM RED Shifters: SRAM RED Chainset: Hollowgram SL BB30 Chainrings: 39/53 tooth chainrings Bottom Bracket: BB30 ceramic bearings Cassette: SRAM OG-1090 11-26 tooth Chain: SRAM PC-1090 Front Brake: Zero Gravity Rear Brake: Zero Gravity Brake Levers: SRAM RED Handlebars: Zipp SL Ergo 31.8mm Stem: Zipp SL Speed 31.8mm Headset: Carbon Top Cap Rims: DT Swiss RRC 425 front and RRC 525 rear Front Hub: DT Swiss RRC 425 Rear Hub: DT Swiss RRC 525 Spokes: DT Swiss Front Tyre: Schwalbe Ultremo Tubular, Super light version 700x21c Rear Tyre: Schwalbe Ultremo Tubular, Super light version 700x21c Saddle: Fizik Antares with Carbon rails Seatpost: USE Alien Cyclops Carbon 31.6mm

That's strange - mine has a 31.5mm seatpost. Think I'll ask for my money back.

Odd

Looks to have a triple chainset on the pictures, but not on the spec

I reckon, to give it it's due, it would be just the thing if I did, as I considered a while back, move 70 miles away from work, and wanted something cheap and cheerful to just commute to the train station and back with daily.

People have done long distance tours on worse...

Cyclist33 said:
A completely pointless purchase.

Maybe to people on here, myself included, who are all spoilt by having enough disposable income to afford better.

I'd have loved something as good as that bike (comparitively) when I first started riding on a clunker of a forty-ninth-hand sit up and beg.

If you can only afford £80 and not £250 then that is your entry-level bike, and the £250 machines that we might call "hacks" are, from that perspective, "dream machines"

OP
OP
V

Vitesse

Cyclist33 said:
A completely pointless purchase. Even at 80 quid it would be a complete waste of money.

It looks awful, too.

Cyc

I just don't understand this sort of comment. Unless you have so much money that price just doesn't matter, what's pointless about spending £80 on a means of transport that's five times more efficient than walking?