Barn find- identification help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Thanks for the photo Steve. I'm having the same problem, will can find bikes identical in every other aspect however they only have a single shifter. Gonna give it a closer look tomorrow as I guess there is always a chance the shifter mounts could have been added at a later date; the paints not original so it's possible

U

User42423

hi, just got hold of this bike. Can anyone give me any info about it please?

Hi. After reading all the above comments, I'm surprised know one has noticed the DAWES head badge. I think this machine is the Debonaire model (1950s).

U

User42423

hi, just got hold of this bike. Can anyone give me any info about it please?

The best identification I can come up with for your machine is: 1955 Dawes Debonair. I'll try downloading an image.

U

User42423

Here are two images taken from the 1955 catalogue.
Dawes.jpg
dawes 2.jpg

U

User42423

All bar 3 I think.:okay:

Just goes to show I don't read other's comments properly. Don't worry, I'll leave the site due to stupidity. Good luck in your future finds .

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

Thanks for the help @User42423 however I don't think it's that, as it has double braze ons so it must be a model with a front mech too

OP
OP
lukAs98

lukAs98

No, other projects I have given priority to at the moment. Mainly due to the fact it's not my size so once done I know I won't ride it. It'll get done one day though... Haha @Daddybus

Top Bottom