Base layer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

chorlton

Through the winter and spring I have been wearing a long sleeve baselayer underneath my cycling jersey. Now that we are moving into summer do people generally just wear a cycling jersey or still wear a base layer under that as well?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
i wear a base layer, just keeps that chill away from chest when flying along, besides i cycle early mornings and late at nights due to shifts so comfort factor important.

yello

I think you'll find both answers to your question.

Personally, I wear a sleeveless base layer under my shirt to take the sweat off of my body. I find it more comfortable than having sweat just sit there (in humid conditions) or - yuk - trickling down me!

But I am sure that there are many that opt for just the shirt.

I can recommend the T.ess base layer from LewisKit....

http://www.lewiskit.com/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=160

...not cheap but a superb bit of kit.

goo_mason

Champion barbed-wire hurdler
I have built-in central heating and always wear just a cycling shirt, summer or winter. (That's finished off with shorts or bib longs, before anyone gets funny :smile:)

My internal heat is a boon in winter but in summer it's a nightmare as I sweat like Niagra Falls :biggrin:

Tynan

Veteran
been in just a ss top for months now, went and bought a tight fit light one a month ago, that deals with sweat, keeping it zipped tight keeps me dry, breathes/wicks very well, no idea how anyone can be in two layers

Top Bottom