Base layer

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by chorlton, 3 Jun 2008.

1. chorlton

chorlton New Member

Through the winter and spring I have been wearing a long sleeve baselayer underneath my cycling jersey. Now that we are moving into summer do people generally just wear a cycling jersey or still wear a base layer under that as well?

2. MrGrumpy

MrGrumpy Huge Member

i wear a base layer, just keeps that chill away from chest when flying along, besides i cycle early mornings and late at nights due to shifts so comfort factor important.

3. Disgruntled Goat

Disgruntled Goat New Member

4. yello

yello Guru

I think you'll find both answers to your question.

Personally, I wear a sleeveless base layer under my shirt to take the sweat off of my body. I find it more comfortable than having sweat just sit there (in humid conditions) or - yuk - trickling down me!

But I am sure that there are many that opt for just the shirt.

I can recommend the T.ess base layer from LewisKit....

http://www.lewiskit.com/product_info.php?cPath=61&products_id=160

...not cheap but a superb bit of kit.

5. goo_mason

goo_mason Champion barbed-wire hurdler

I have built-in central heating and always wear just a cycling shirt, summer or winter. (That's finished off with shorts or bib longs, before anyone gets funny :smile:)

My internal heat is a boon in winter but in summer it's a nightmare as I sweat like Niagra Falls :biggrin:

6. OP
    OP
    chorlton

chorlton New Member

Thanks for the replys......will get myself a vest style base layer me thinks

7. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

wouldn't have liked to wear a base layer today! :smile:

8. Tynan

Tynan Veteran

been in just a ss top for months now, went and bought a tight fit light one a month ago, that deals with sweat, keeping it zipped tight keeps me dry, breathes/wicks very well, no idea how anyone can be in two layers

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice