Base layer

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

techgirl

http://www.embersmerino.com/BaselayerSale/LS-Printed-Lite-Surge_p137.htm

Nice enough to wear off bike too.
I have 2 (in the girly version). Is deceptively thin but it washes very well, wears well and keeps me toasty warm in this weather.

Blue

Legendary Member
M&S used to do a cheap, but effective, merino mix LS thermal vest. I got a couple 2 years ago. They may still do them. Mind you, on all but the coldest of days it is easy to overheat in them.

jdg88

I decided to give the bamboo a try and they're comfortable to wear, light, breathable but not very warm. Think I'll have to try a merino shirt for a fair comparision.

historyman

Midway between cheap-but-maybe-crap ALDI and expensive-and-maybe-still-crap Embersmerino come TrekMates. Buy them cheapest from Equip your Trip, I got short sleeve @ £22, much better price than mentioned above. Slight misshape from machine washing, but I hand wash now and it's OK.
I got some Rapha ones but saggy tits, prominent logo - I'm a logophobe - and hefty price (although 3 for £90 not bad)

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like my Howies baselayer and also like Mr Summerdays one and both have washed well. Though they weren't cheap ... I am waiting for the next Howies Merino sale.

Top Bottom