1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Baseball.

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Noodley, 28 Oct 2007.

1. Noodley

Noodley Guest

I sometimes find myself watching baseball late at night/early in the morning due to the lack of "anything else worth watching". However, it's not really worth watching either. Despite me watching it I cannae see what the attraction is. I'm sure it must mean something to many people but I just cannae "get it" at all. It has now got to "World Series" stage and there would appear some level of hysteria has been reached.

should I just whoop and holler?

2. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

The game is being played at 5820 feet altitude and the baseballs are placed in a humidor. Seemingly. Aye, whatever. Quite a few mullets , preppie wear and tank tops on display (from the studio/commentators at least)

3. Elmer Fudd

Elmer Fudd Miserable Old Bar Steward

Nah! Just get pished, doesn't help you understand, but makes it less painful !!! xx( :tongue:

4. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

Very strange outfit they wear as well. There would seem to be an over representation of pseudo-beards.

Oh feck, here's someone away to warble the anthem! xx(

5. OP
    OP
    Noodley

Noodley Guest

The "someone" was the winner of American Idol series 4. How did I not recognise her? xx(

6. Andy in Sig

Andy in Sig Vice President in Exile

Baseball is the nearest the Americans have to a sport. It's great fun telling them that we have it in the UK as well but it is only played by little schoolgirls and is called rounders.

7. i went to a match when i was in Chicago. everyone got very excited when a run was hit... i stood and cheered when someone hit the ball out of the 'park'.

alas, he wasn't a Chicago player.

i think it's better to watch on tv, you can flick around when there's nothing happening on the field, which is most of the time.

L

8. Joe24

Joe24 More serious cyclist than Bonj

I used to watch baseball. Never could understand why it was so good. I've even tried it, and thought it was a waste of time. Too much standing around aswell.
    Maybe the womens version is better?

I thought womens beach vollyball was the best sport the americans have?

9. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

I'm cricket mad, always have been, always will be; but I have NO interest (or knowledge xx() of baseball! Can't see the attraction of it at all.