Basingstoke to Alton (NR23)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
Hi CC,
I'm trying to plot out some routes into my edge 200 & on Opencyclemap.org, route 23 goes into a wooded copse area just before it gets to Alton. Can anyone recommend that part for a road bike, or if it is unsuitable then an alternate route around to get into Alton? (or the other way round if it's easier)

jay clock

Massive member
looks possible do you mean here http://www.bing.com/maps/#Y3A9NTEuM...lbz0wJnE9QWx0b24lMkMlMjBVbml0ZWQlMjBLaW5nZG9t

If any problems, just divert round the top through Beech?

JtB

Prepare a way for the Lord
Funnily enough my Summer Solstice ride today took me along the NR23 from Bramley (north of Basingstoke) to Southampton.
14474071822_1093262d07_b.jpg

The route between Basingstoke and Alresford seems well signposted (not sure about the small section to Alton), but I missed an NR23 sign just after Alresford and ended up on the busy A31 to Winchester. That was scary, but at least I know where I went wrong and wont make that mistake again.

Attachments

• 14474071822_1093262d07_b.jpg
    14474071822_1093262d07_b.jpg
    87.1 KB · Views: 27
OP
OP
livpoksoc

livpoksoc

Guru
Thanks for the replies, I took a stab at plotting something for the edge 200, the route actually worked out very nicely. Very few cars except into both towns & the roads for the most part were in good condition. That section I highlighted is gravel so not suitable for road, but I found a decent work around & I'll post up the route shortly.

Top Bottom