Bast*rd Mice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jiggerypokery

Über Member
I've had a month off the bike, new baby, sickness and Crimbo mean that my arse has not touched synthetic leather for a while. Today I donned my stealth lycra clipclopped out to the shed for my trusty carbon steed, reached for the Altura jacket I had oh so casualy thrown on the work bench a month back only to find that it now bears a passing resembelance to fine English lace as it's been eaten to death and back by frigging mice!

I'm in mourning for my Altura/Endura/Gore whatever it was convertible waterproof/gilet, I feel nekid now that I have no dayglow orange about my body...and arsey as hell at my own stupidity and the fact that I now have to fork out for a new jacket!!!!!!!!!!!

Bastard wildlife...where are the Zoo's when you need them???????

Made my missus laugh tho :sad:

You could wear it. Who knows you could start a new trend. Sexy lacy hi-vis jackets! :smile:

It could even lead to a new definition of a red light jumper........:sad:

I'll get me coat.....oh no more damn mice.....

surfgurl

My Husband got very cross a couple of years ago when the mice ate his motorbike gloves. I came home from work to discover him hunting them down with a airgun.

Tynan

Veteran
I've lost track of how many mice and rats I've settled over the years, you;ve really got to stay on top of them, they're vermin after all

had mice in the current house, they disappeared pronto when the rats moved in

granted the shed is a bit more of a gray area

you must have a nice shed if you leave clothing in it, what about damp?

OP
OP
jiggerypokery

jiggerypokery

Über Member
It's the old outside loo and coal shed, brick built with a slate roof so relatively cozy if you're jacket eating rodent scum.

The man from the council is coming out to exact revenge on the little bleeders :sad:

Any one got any suggestions for a jacket for £50 or less?

jiggerypokery said:
It's the old outside loo and coal shed, brick built with a slate roof so relatively cozy if you're jacket eating rodent scum.

The man from the council is coming out to exact revenge on the little bleeders :becool:

Any one got any suggestions for a jacket for £50 or less?

You could always sell me your QR bike, unless the mice have got to that too :biggrin: then buy a nice new jacket with the proceeds.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Just watch they don't nibble through your bike.......

I had a mate whose lever hoods and toe straps got eaten by ants in mexico....... he was touring and ran out of oil, so used some fish oil from a tin of fish to oil his chain.....went over his hands, and of course onto straps and lever hoods. Awoke one morning to see bike covered in ants having a little nibble..... was rather funny to see all these little marks in his hoods and straps on his return home...

Maz

Guru
I can picture Mrs.Mouse sitting by the fire in her rocking chair, sewing together the pieces of cloth her children had nibbled off to make small yellow jackets for each of them.

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww!!

Tynan

Veteran
mice are easy to kill, they ain't bright, keep things clean and use the old fashioned snap trap

rats really are a whole different kettle of fish, they're evil, I've killed two hand to hand, one with a broom and one with a superb hefted half brick, I was on my haunches holding a light in one hand, down there in the crawl space

them I would use poison for, they're tricksy, dangerous buggers

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
OT Does anyone remember the story a few years ago of a man in the USA who found a mouse in his house, took it out to the garden and threw it on his bonfire, the mouse caught alight, and still alive ran back into the house setting it on fire?

T x

Top Bottom