Basta Dynamo - mounted right?

Discussion in 'Bikes and Buying Advice - What Bike?' started by Sonja415, 25 Apr 2010.

1. Sonja415

Sonja415 New Member

4549841059_e2c7fa01f8_m.jpg I'm no mechanic, but I don't think this dynamo is mounted right. Either that or there is a way to move it to touch the wheel. Advice?
    4549841333_ea1686ff91_m.jpg

2. Rohloff_Brompton_Rider

Rohloff_Brompton_Rider Formerly just_fixed

that looks like it is in the 'off' position. if you twist it should spring into the tyre. there may be a button to press underneath. some have them, some just need a hard push to overcome the spring tension. i'm no expert as it is a long time since i have had a tyre dynamo. hth.

3. Yorkshireman

Yorkshireman New Member

The dynamo is in the 'off' position. To engage, push down on the little button bit (on the flat surface below and to the right of the roller) and the whole body will spring inwards and twist (the top will swing in and down) to rest on the tyre.
    2010_0425Dynamo0001.jpg
    To disengage, pull back (gently) holding the dynamo body below the drive roller and it will click into the 'off' position.
    2010_0425Dynamo0002.jpg
    Hope this helps ;).

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice