Batribike Trike-R

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

raleighnut

Legendary Member
A reluctant sale of my Batribike Trike-R. Bought in 2015 as an assist to my arthritic knees, this trike has done less than two miles on the road. It is in immaculate condition, as you would expect from such little use and has been stored in a clean dry garage. The only addition I made was to fit a small rear view mirror. There is a battery charger, which has never been used because when I powered it up yesterday (25th April 2017) it still had a full charge! The bike is assisted by three levels of power, sourced in the front wheel hub. There is also a thumb throttle for pedal-less power (which I believe has to be disconnected due to new rules? I'm not sure on this point however.) There are front and rear lights, found on the controller as pictured. There is a front carrying basket and a rear mounted large basket
Sadly my illness has reached the point where even climbing aboard is too much of an effort. I am based in Penrith, Cumbria and would welcome any trial. The machine cost me £1400 and I'm looking for around £800 due to its condition. Thanks for looking.
No need to disconnect the thumb throttle, the change in regulations only apply to new ones sold after they were introduced. The battery would be more of a worry though as they thrive on usage and dislike being 'stored', it might be a good idea to run the bike a bit and then fully recharge it.

OP
OP
Bill Turner

Bill Turner

Regular
No need to disconnect the thumb throttle, the change in regulations only apply to new ones sold after they were introduced. The battery would be more of a worry though as they thrive on usage and dislike being 'stored', it might be a good idea to run the bike a bit and then fully recharge it.
I will get somebody to do that for me then. Thanks for the tip :smile:

raleighnut

Legendary Member
I will get somebody to do that for me then. Thanks for the tip :smile:
No worries fella, how come you haven't used it though as mine has been a godsend in terms of mobility since I snapped my Femur into 3.
I'd looked at the 'off the shelf' options but managed to assemble mine for just short of a grand (by fitting an electric 'kit' to a trike) and ended up with a better (for me) solution.
I left out the 'assist controller' and crank sensor (although the cabling is part of the wiring loom) which saved me £50 on the build but mainly cos I wanted to be able to not use the 'assist' (and reduce the battery range) when I was just pootling around on level ground so not needing the extra 'oomph' it provides.
Mine is in my Avatar but here's a bigger pic of it.

trike 001.JPG

EDIT - BTW I still have the mudguards, basket and original seat but I chose to build it up like this for my own taste.

OP
OP
Bill Turner

Bill Turner

Regular
No worries fella, how come you haven't used it though as mine has been a godsend in terms of mobility since I snapped my Femur into 3.
I'd looked at the 'off the shelf' options but managed to assemble mine for just short of a grand (by fitting an electric 'kit' to a trike) and ended up with a better (for me) solution.
I left out the 'assist controller' and crank sensor (although the cabling is part of the wiring loom) which saved me £50 on the build but mainly cos I wanted to be able to not use the 'assist' (and reduce the battery range) when I was just pootling around on level ground so not needing the extra 'oomph' it provides.
Mine is in my Avatar but here's a bigger pic of it.

View attachment 349521

EDIT - BTW I still have the mudguards, basket and original seat but I chose to build it up like this for my own taste.
Nice work!

Top Bottom