Batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

musa

Über Member
try torchys ebay id big_f_d_d 18650 batteries could be ideal

1. Buy some good quality rechargeables
2. Buy a good quality smart charger such as the Technoline BL700 to efficiently charge and extend the life.
3. Set up a charging regime. For instance I have a routine of changing all my batteries every Sunday

HovR

Über Member
I bought some "Duracell Rechargable StayCharged" batteries in the summer for my camera, and they've far outlasted any other batteries I've previously used in it, including the Energizer ones they replaced.

Well recommended.

HovR

Über Member
I've got some 2000mAh but instructions recommend 2700 - is there much in it?
If anyone says 700 i won't be impressed! ;)

The mAh figure is just the capacity, so your 2000mAh batteries will power the device just as well as 2700mAh batteries, just not for as long. I might be wrong, but you could struggle to find quality rechargeables as high as 2700mAh.

OP
OP
STEPHAN DAVIS

STEPHAN DAVIS

Sounds good - thanks. I thought it was a power thing. As long as i get into a routine i should be fine. Maybe get myself an emergency back up set just in case.

Kestevan

Last of the Summer Winos
Vapex 2900mah
http://www.digitaladditions.com/Vap...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Absolutely cracking batteries. I've got 2 sets on a weekly recharge routine. Run the lights throughout winter (2hrs a day) with no problems.

Vapex 2900mah
http://www.digitaladditions.com/Vap...froogle&utm_medium=organic&utm_source=froogle

Absolutely cracking batteries. I've got 2 sets on a weekly recharge routine. Run the lights throughout winter (2hrs a day) with no problems.

Stephan

You got a Vision 1 in the end? I run my V1 on vapex 2900 and am as happy as Kestevan with their performance.

I got mine for a bit cheaper here:thumbsup:

http://www.component-shop.co.uk/html/aa.html

I was in e-mail contact with them and they were very helpful.

Now I have a second V1 I'm tempted to run a comparision between the 2900's and either the eneloop 2500 or the vapex 2500. Some reviews suggest that the eneloops hold their voltage better and this might make a difference to run times as the V1 it is very sensitive to voltage levels. I say tempted as I fear this might be a step too far towards battery nerddom:stop: .

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Now I have a second V1 I'm tempted to run a comparision between the 2900's and either the eneloop 2500 or the vapex 2500. Some reviews suggest that the eneloops hold their voltage better and this might make a difference to run times as the V1 it is very sensitive to voltage levels. I say tempted as I fear this might be a step too far towards battery nerddom:stop: .

FWIW I've never detected particularly measurable (or even noticeable) differences with V1 run times with different batteries on a range of batteries and on very, very, very heavy use (used to do a lot of night time riding on my own + commute). The bottom end earlier generation maplins/uniross had slightly shorter run times. Everything else, about the same.

I like the vapex and got mine from component-shop. Similarly to various other people on here I have a BL700 charger etc.

FWIW I've never detected particularly measurable (or even noticeable) differences with V1 run times with different batteries on a range of batteries and on very, very, very heavy use (used to do a lot of night time riding on my own + commute). The bottom end earlier generation maplins/uniross had slightly shorter run times. Everything else, about the same.

I like the vapex and got mine from component-shop. Similarly to various other people on here I have a BL700 charger etc.

Thanks, I'll just use my some Aldi hybrids I already have .

marinyork

Resting in suspended Animation
Thanks, I'll just use my some Aldi hybrids I already have .

And I might add I've had 'sensitivity' issues with other lights and other batteries. Just not the Hope. It was mostly a particular light and low grade batteries on cold evenings (tempers -5 to 2C).

Top Bottom