Batteries

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The battery capacity depends on the power of your lights.

I have rear LEDS that quite happily last a week on 750 mAh AAA batteries, so paying extra for 1000 mAh has no benefit.

Equally with a regular charging regime you can save. With my older Dinottes, a set of 4 2000 mAh charged every night was fine. A 2700 mAh set would fail on the way to work the following morning, so still needed overnight charging.

Davidc

Guru
Can't add much to Marinyork, agree with him and others about the Vapex ones, both the 2900mAH standard and the Instant low self discharge ones.

I've used both in cycling and other applications, some now 3 years old, used hard and all I've ever bought are still going.

Not the same brand but I also use a multichannel charger which deals with each cell independently and that probably helps.

OP
OP
STEPHAN DAVIS

STEPHAN DAVIS

Some great advice! I need to get myself a back up set so will go with the Vapex. It's going to take a week or so to get into a routine so will post how I get on. Thanks!

wealthysoup

I bought some "Duracell Rechargable StayCharged" batteries in the summer for my camera, and they've far outlasted any other batteries I've previously used in it, including the Energizer ones they replaced.

Well recommended.

The white topped duracell rechargeables are re branded Sanyo eneloops so if you like them you might be able to save a couple of quid knowing that they are the same (not sure which retails for less). Duracell also has non white topped rechargeables which are manufactured somewhere else (or by someone else) and apparently aren't as good

HovR

Über Member
The white topped duracell rechargeables are re branded Sanyo eneloops so if you like them you might be able to save a couple of quid knowing that they are the same (not sure which retails for less). Duracell also has non white topped rechargeables which are manufactured somewhere else (or by someone else) and apparently aren't as good

Interesting - These are in fact the white top version. Thanks for that information.

PpPete

Legendary Member
Vapex:
The 2900 mAh AAs for the heavy use continuous stuff like front lights.
But the low self discharge version (aka hybrid, aka "Instant") are probably better for applications like rear lights where the load is a lot lower and you don't need to charge them every week. 2300mAh in AA size, 950mAh in AAA

Top Bottom