Bay Leaves

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
I love the flavour they give to a slow cooked dish. I've only used dry. Be interesting to see fresh compare. What is your opinion on yours.

I'll have a reasonable amount which I will leaf leave in your hands.

Cheers.

Cheers dude, just let me know what I owe.

Bonefish Blues

Banging donk
Some years ago I made a small mistake and bought a pack of dried bay leaves which seemed good value.

Something the size of a child's pillow arrived, and 95% is still in the cupboard some 10 years later :laugh:

PK99

Legendary Member
Some years ago I made a small mistake and bought a pack of dried bay leaves which seemed good value.

Something the size of a child's pillow arrived, and 95% is still in the cupboard some 10 years later :laugh:

Throw them away! far too old and dry now!

PK99

Legendary Member
just under 11 years ago we planted a Bay tree it was all of about 1ft tall with about a dozen leaves it now stands over 6 ft tall and hundreds or even thousands of leaves . So if anybody wants a dozen leaves or so i am happy to pop them in a food bag inside a jiffy bag for the cost of postage .

Or can be collected foc

Errm, why?

the cost of posting would be more that the cost of a dozen leaves in the supermarket

plus in cooking dried leaves are generally preferable to fresh which are too strong in flavour.

PK99

Legendary Member
Bay can be cut back very hard and will regrow.

Top Bottom