Bb shell worn.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

iwsa

Has anyone any experience in solving a BB shell that has worn? Its a Giant tcr advanced sl probably 2011-2012.
Currently sitting in the shell is a GXP sram press fit which just pops in and out with ease.
The newer gxp pf bb 86 is even looser.
The shell measures 85mm wide with internal being 43mm.
Im pretty amazed on the wear and was wondering has anyone had similar issues and whether it can be resolved by some sort of fix as at the moment it looks like a frame that is knackered!

iluvmybike

Über Member
I guess it may well depend on the amount of wear. It might be worth trying the Hope one - it solved a slight movement problem on my hubby's bike - he had the same thing where you could push one side in by hand rather than it being a press in fit. The Hope bb screws together in the centre so snugs up nice & tight. Since fitting that he has had no issues

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
Has anyone any experience in solving a BB shell that has worn? Its a Giant tcr advanced sl probably 2011-2012.
Currently sitting in the shell is a GXP sram press fit which just pops in and out with ease.
The newer gxp pf bb 86 is even looser.
The shell measures 85mm wide with internal being 43mm.
Im pretty amazed on the wear and was wondering has anyone had similar issues and whether it can be resolved by some sort of fix as at the moment it looks like a frame that is knackered!
Argos cycles in Bristol re-shelled a BB on a steel frame bike I had By reaming and fitting an insert. Whether this is possible with Aluminium or CF frames I don’t know....

OP
OP
I

iwsa

Thanks all
Ive used the hope bb before but given ths large size difference i will still have the same problem.
ive viewed an interesting hambini video but nothing to do with my issue yet. Top bloke.

Top Bottom