BB size for Nervar crankset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Gunk

Guru
I wonder if anyone can help, I want to fit a Nervar double square taper crankset to my Ribble Reynolds 653 project. The groupset will be a 7 speed Shimano 105.

The bike has a standard English BB and after some research the Nervar takes a regular ISO axle.

It looks as the axle length for Nervar needs to be 117mm, so would a sealed 68mm ISO BB with a 116mm axle length fit?

si_c

Guru
If it's ISO taper then yes, that should be fine, your chainline will be ever so slightly inline from where it would be with a 117mm axle. It's unlikely you would be able to tell though.

If you're using a JIS taper BB then you'll need a different size spindle, I forget whether it's longer or shorter though.

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
84C086D6-714E-4107-8F14-09B1E3B9592D.jpeg

OP
OP
Gunk

Gunk

Guru
If it's ISO taper then yes, that should be fine, your chainline will be ever so slightly inline from where it would be with a 117mm axle. It's unlikely you would be able to tell though.

If you're using a JIS taper BB then you'll need a different size spindle, I forget whether it's longer or shorter though.

Thanks it’s definitely ISO

weareHKR

Im not sure there's a difference in the length, (could be wrong) think it's more to do with the taper cut off? If you fit an ISO crank on a JIS spindle, it'll sit about 4 mm further back than it would on an ISO spindle & vice versa with JIS on IOS.
Fairly sure I have a Hybrid with a ISO crank on JIS BB spindle, but it's better than been the other way round, looks a bit strange but doesn't give me any issues!
Still, might change it one day though!

Top Bottom