BB30 - Left crank keeps falling off!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Could I get a left arm crank only? Would that work, if indeed I have got a stripped thread? I only ask because 46/36 fsa cranks are like hens' teeth!
I doubt you'll get a left crank only. First, determine if the thread is indeed stripped. Is there loose thread material on the bolt?
Do you understand that the crank goes on with press-fit resistance, which could explain what you experience when you said "it becomes looser again"?

Once you've ascertained that the crank is damaged, don't bother getting another FSA BB30 crank. It is absolute rubbish. Try and convert to Hollowtech or, get a crank that attaches to the spindle via a pinch bolt, not a centre bolt.

OP
OP
grellboy

grellboy

Über Member
I doubt you'll get a left crank only. First, determine if the thread is indeed stripped. Is there loose thread material on the bolt?
Do you understand that the crank goes on with press-fit resistance, which could explain what you experience when you said "it becomes looser again"?

Once you've ascertained that the crank is damaged, don't bother getting another FSA BB30 crank. It is absolute rubbish. Try and convert to Hollowtech or, get a crank that attaches to the spindle via a pinch bolt, not a centre bolt.
Got that right. Now on 3rd crankset in two years!!

Top Bottom