BB30

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Jason.T

Are there different quality BB30 bottom bracket bearings to be had

They were changed after having the bike from new (under warranty) after they started grinding, that was only a few months back and now one of them is bloody grinding and squeaking again

If there are different quality ones then I may just by the best ones myself rather than taking it back to the shop for them to put cheap ones in again

Anyone know?

Mr Haematocrit

msg me on kik for android
Yes there are different quality BB30 bearing and ones made from different materials.

The best you can buy are ceramicspeed bearings imho which retail for around £200
http://www.saddleback.co.uk/ceramicspeed-bb-bb30-

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
I use the SRAM standard BB30 bottom bracket in one bike and FSA in another, both have been faultless.

If you are talking race bikes and max performance, well ceramic speed might be an option, but a much cheaper option is to just pull the seals off of a normal bearing and you get most of the benefit, being a race bike, the fact it will need to be serviced more regularly is neither here nor there since you would be cleaning it meticulously all the time anyway. If it isn't a race bike, particularly a TT bike, I wouldn't bother with ceramic speed.

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Ceramic are probably the best but I don't think I need to get them I do some sportivs but don't race

Will have a look at the prise of the sram ones

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Ceramic are probably the best but I don't think I need to get them I do some sportivs but don't race

Will have a look at the prise of the sram ones

Less than £30 I am pretty sure! I've had mine in for over a year and it is as good as new!

OP
OP
Jason.T

Jason.T

Just googled the code on the seal of the bearings

BB30 6806RS

And apparently they are ceramic

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Never seen the one on the tweeks link, I use the ones in the Wiggle link.

Top Bottom